You may have already heard about Promoted Listings—which is now available on the eBay Canada site—and some of you are not only already using it, but reaping some sizable benefits, like US eBay seller David H. (seller ID: Tracktronics😞

“Last month I started doing eBay Promoted Listings, and in one month my eBay sales increased by 80%. It just makes sense. I choose the items I want to promote, and set the ad rate from 1-20%. Easy.”

But in case you aren’t aware, what is Promoted Listings, and how can sellers use it to boost their sales?

Promoted Listings in a nutshell

Promoted Listings is an advertising service that allows sellers with any type of eBay Store subscription in Canada, the US, UK, Germany, and Australia to put eligible merchandise in front of more buyers when they’re actively searching and shopping on eBay.

These items might include:

• Bestsellers
  • Moderate performers
  • New listings
  • Seasonal items

This service increases your item’s visibility and the likelihood of a sale. And the best part: it works on a cost-per-sale model, which means that you pay only if your item sells. And, if you open an Anchor Store, you’ll get a $25 credit per quarter to spend on Promoted Listings.

Previously, Promoted Listings was only available to Canadian sellers who listed on eBay.com. Now, sellers who list on eBay.ca can reap the benefits as well.

Remember, listings can only be promoted on the site on which they were created. A listing created on eBay.ca can be promoted on eBay.ca; a listing created on eBay.com can be promoted on eBay.com.

Are Promoted Listings hard to set up?

Not at all! If you have five minutes, you can promote a listing. Simply select the items you want to promote from the available categories, decide how much you want to spend (your ad rate), and launch your campaign. Here’s an easy step-by-step guide:

1. Start by enrolling here.
  2. Select the items you’d like to promoted.
  3. Choose a competitive ad rate (between 1-20% of the item’s sale price). Learn more about ad rates here.
  4. Launch your campaign! Your promoted listings will appear within 30 minutes.

When should I use Promoted Listings?

Promoted Listings are about selling more of your hottest inventory, converting items that sell moderately well into higher-performing items, kick-starting sales for new listings, and standing out in crowded categories. You don’t want to use the service to push items that are not selling well organically.

How will I know it’s working?

Your Promoted Listings dashboard clearly displays how many of your items sold through Promoted Listings ads. You’ll also be able to see:

• How many times your ads appeared (Impressions—available as of November 10th)
  • How many potential buyers clicked on your ads
  • Your fees, based on the ad rate set for your items at the time the buyer sees it
  • How many of your items were purchased within 30 days of clicking on your ad

Where can I learn more?

That’s everything you need to know to get started, but if you want to learn more about Promoted Listings, you can visit our Seller Centre page, or browse the FAQs.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay!