5 cent Listing day credits.......What to do?!!

On 5 cent listing days I have learned from another thread that it is better to create new listings or sell similar because if they sell the second time you only get the 5 cent fee credit.

Now that we are on the other side of 5 cent day, I have many many unsold items. In this case if I relist them and they sell, do I receive the new listing fee credit or do they still just give you the 5 cent credit? The Help pages seemed a little vague on this subject. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get the higher amount!!?:|
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

jakeeangel
Community Member
Anytime you relist an unsold item and it sells the second time eBay will refund the cheaper of the two listing fees. It doesn't make any sense to relist on a listing sale day nor does it make sense to relist a listing created on a listing sale day. You will only get the lower of the insertion fee.

eBay favors themself. It will always be the lower fee that is returned.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Oh and sell similar is considered the same thing as a relist in eBay's eyes. Don't use it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
On .ca it still refunds the 2nd fee, so you can relist the 5 cent ones and you'll get the 2nd, regular insertion fee refunded on sales. Its only on .com that it changed to always the lower fee refunded. They fixed the issue with sell similar so it can be used to start new listings now. The pink said when it changed on .com there wasn't any immediate plan for .ca to follow, and as of last week it hasn't. .UK works like .ca.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No wonder I was confused!!:O

You would think that they would all work the same! I have been using sell similar all along. I haven't tried turbo lister yet. There seems to be a lot of sellers who have problems with it working properly. But I will try it at some point.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Uh.....yep, it confused me too. Thanks for clarifying Toby. :)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply