A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Hi. I live in Newfoundland and have been unable to print labels using paypal shipping for the last 2 weeks. I have shipped hundreds of packages via this method, but am now unable and can't get an adequate response from paypal. After reading some threads on the "paypal" board, I understand others are having the same problem and there is no help in sight.

My error is "The Ship From State or Province is not a valid state or province code."

I'm hoping a paypal rep will read this and find some answers and don't just simply reply with a form letter.
Thanks.

Andrew
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Hello Buck,

I had the same error message when I shipped a parcel to Newfoundland recently. I re-selected "Newfoundland" after completing the shipping details and "re-entered"...went through without a problem. Worth a try.

Nora

Trinkets in Time
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Hi Nora. I tried a number of things like this as suggested by paypal. I had a conversation with a rep last week who said she could not ship now with my existing address. She said she was going to look into it. I think it has to do with the "new" province code that came out a few years ago. It is my feeling that canada post don't recognize the old Newfoundland code that is still in use in paypal.
As you know, you can edit outgoing addresses but not your ship from address unless you add a new one. I have tried about 6 on 4 different computers...No luck.
My frustration is that one rep would say there is a problem and another would tell me to do something like... "delete cookies". I am not getting consistent info or help.
Everyone at Paypal seems to assume I'm new at printing these labels... Can someone there just read my emails, check my history and look into fixing the problem!!!!

Buck is very frustrated!!!!
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

ameroindustries
Community Member
Just use canada posts website and charge it to a credit card long as you have a venture 1 account you will get same discounts . Its almost impossible to talk with anyone within ebay / paypal unless you have account managers .

They just treat you like a newb to get you outta the way for another day .
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Paypal shipping is so much easier and faster to use. Shipping info is automatically updated in paypal and ebay and an email is sent to the buyer with the tracking link. I have to do it manually now through Canada Post (using my venture 1 card)and it is time consuming.

Andrew
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

I have to do it manually now through Canada Post (using my venture 1 card)and it is time consuming.

Think of all the time wasted when pp shipping doesn't work!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Think of all the time wasted when pp shipping doesn't work!

My pleas for help seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Andrew
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

treasure-pot
Community Member
Andrew, just a suggestion, why not call in to the PayPal internet radio show and put Jason Miner on the spot over this? They provide a toll free number and the show airs on Tuesdays between 2-3 PST. You can access the show through the following link:

http://www.wsradio.com/internet-talk-radio.cfm/shows/PayPal-Radio.html

Bill

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Thanks Bill. Sounds like something I may have to do.
Hopefully he won't tell me to "delete cookies" or "change your address" on international radio.

Would you happen to have a secret(unlisted) phone number for a knowledgeable Paypal rep?

Andrew
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

treasure-pot
Community Member
lol, no, I don't have secret unlisted phone numbers nor, for that matter, do I know the secret handshake.

Don't buy into that carp from a PS'er that I am associated with eBay or PayPal.

Bill

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Bill. I think you read to much into my question. It was sincere.
I hope you're not getting paranoid.;-)

Andrew
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

Maybe I should call in too. I talked to Jason Miner at eBay University last year and he told me to report a seller for excessive shipping costs........:^O.........I did.....Nothing has changed.......:-(

I could put him on the spot and ask him why.......]:)

Good luck Andrew!!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

A Paypal Rep, Please!!!!

For well over 2 months I have not been able to use the Paypal Shipping tool.... Yet I have just been promoted to Silver Status.
Isn't it ironic....

No more phone calls, emails or banging my head against the wall.

PAYPAL HELLO!!! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!!! SMELL THE COFFEE(or is that the smell of frustration)!!!

Andrew
Message 13 of 13
latest reply