A new wrinkle with USPS

Apparently, the USPS offices have now been instructed not to scan incoming mail at all, which is going to make it tough to prove that you've dropped mail off.

There is a solution - it's called a SCAN form. Apparently, when you finish buying all of your postage online, you can print this form out, which consolidates all of your day's mailings into one barcode which the Post Office will scan and which then shows all of your packages as having been accepted by the Post office.

It's available for Click n Ship, don't know if it's available for Endicia yet.

Further information here;

http://www.usps.com/clicknship/scan-form.htm -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A new wrinkle with USPS

Just checked with endicia, the SCAN form is available with their Professional and Platinum plans. More info here;

http://www.endicia.com/Support/FAQ/default.cfm -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A new wrinkle with USPS

You can also use the SCAN form with PayPal MOS (Multi-Order Shipping).

Keep in mind, this is ancient news, when you buy DELIVERY CONFIRMATION at the discounted rate you are not and never have been supposed to get an acceptance scan.

If you want an acceptance scan you should be paying the full counter rate for d/c which is 70 cents as opposed to the 19 cent electronic rate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

A new wrinkle with USPS

I should add that acceptance scans are almost pointless now since scanning is almost always done at the first sorting facility. My packages mailed in Buffalo and almost always scanned overnight in Rochester.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

A new wrinkle with USPS

Really.

I haven't seen any of my packages get scanned at Rochester yet, Parcel post or Priority.

Maybe they just like you.:-D -------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 5
latest reply