BIDDER OUT BIDDING ALL MY AUCTIONS

spendruwisely
Community Member
IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE HELP I HAVE TRIED ALL AVENUES WITH EBAY , I FEEL SO HELPLESS. I HAD A DISGRUTLED BUYER WHO WAS NOT HAPPY WITH HIS PURCHASE. MY POLICY IS THE ITEM HAS TO BE RETURNED FOR INSPECTION AND THEN A FULL REFUND WITH ADDITIONAL SHIPPING COSTS ARE REFUNDED. THIS BUYER REFUSES TO SEND ME THE MERCHANDISE BACK. OVER THE LAST TWO NIGHTS IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE HE HAS OUT BID ALL MY POTENTIAL BUYERS , SENT THEM ALL EMAILS ALONG WITH SEVERAL EMAILS TO ME NOT TO MENTION THE VULGARITY IN THE EMAILS . HE HAS MADE HIMSELF SEVERAL EBAY ID USER NAMES. SO EVERY TIME I RETRACTED HIS BIDS HE JUST BID AWAY WITH ANOTHER NAME. I HAVE CALLED HIS HOME STATE POLICE , MY HOME STATE POLICE ALONG WITH A WEBSITE I WAS GIVEN FOR THE FBI. I SPOKE IN A CHAT WITH AN EBAY REP. I FORWARDED SEVERAL EMAILS TO EBAY WITH ITEM ID NUMBERS ETC . I DID EVERYTHING I WAS TOLD TO. TO FIND OUT THIS MORNING WHEN SPEAKING DIRECTLY WITH EBAY , THEY HAD NO EMAILS FROM ME NOTHING. I AM SO EXHAUSTED AND APPALLED THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEY SAY THEY CAN DO TO STOP HIM IMMEDIATELY. IN HIS EMAIL HE STATES HE IS ALSO A SELLER UNDER ANOTHER NAME. I DONT NO WHERE TO GO FROM HERE . I HAVE LOST QUITE ABIT OF ESTIMATED MONEY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE . ESCALATING MY BIDS. SENDING HIS EMAILS AND PEOPLE EMAILING ME TELLING ME THEY ARE RETRACTING THERE BIDS DUE TO HIS EMAILS. THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP . I CANT WAIT A WEEK OR TWO. JUST LIKE MOST POWER SELLERS THIS IS MY LIVELY HOOD. EVERY DAY I AM LOSING MONEY. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS OR CAN REFER ME TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES TO STOP THIS PERSON PLEASE EMAIL ME pennergas@hotmail.com . WE HAVE TO HAVE SOME TYPE OF PROTECTION AGAINST PEOPLE LIKE THIS . THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY BE ABLE TO ADVISE ME ON . REGARDS S HILL
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

jaymor8
Community Member
Ok spend - first things first. Remove your upper case, because in internet terms, that is yelling.

Second, take a deep breath and try to relax. It's not the end of the world and it will be ok.

Next, block that bidder from your acutions. Do that immediately!!!!!!!!. You have done the right stuff so far. This is a real shame for you, I know. My opinion is that you should never have responded after your explanation of your terms. If they refuse to transact business the way you do things, then there is nothing more to say and nothing worth saying to the malcontent.

This person will be GONE soon, don't worry. If ebay doesn't act fast enough, perhaps you can appeal to them for a full refund of listing fees because they didn't remove the maniac in time. If he has another ID, maybe you can pull his his contact info and see if it's the same information.

If you have to pull your auctions then do it. It's better than having them won by a freakshow and losing FVF.

Keep us informed to what's happening, kiddo!!

Jackie...
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
You can make all your auctions into pre-approved auctions. That way, you can restrict the bidders to those who have contacted you and asked for your permission first. You will probably scare away some potential buyers, but at least those who bid will be the serious ones.
Jeff
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

discountretailsupplies
Community Member
I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing.

These tips may help:
1. block both the username and email address
2. On the emails you received directly from this bidder:
a)Right click on the email header and then click on "options"
b)Copy the "internet header" file
c)Sent the complete copy of the "internet header" file to eBay. You will have to look up the correct report catagory.

The headers will provide them with proof of sender. They can then get the IP address of your bidder. Unless they are a very advanced user using ghost mail or are using a different computer for each username, Ebay will be able to identify all usernames and emails as being from the same person.

Hopefully you will get a supportive agent who will NARU all usernames and block this person from using Ebay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
you may wish to turn all of your auctions into private auctions for the time being. It won't stop this guy from bidding bit it will stop him from emailing your other bidders.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

spendruwisely
Community Member
Hi , thank you for all responding to my crisis , just an update i am working with ebay right now thanks to all of your responses. they were a help. the sooner ebay can remove this person the better off for all of us here on ebay no one should have to go through this. thanks again i will keep you updated . and sorry about the caps i guess i was screaming sorry i was just feeling so helpless. thanks again happy holidays to all . regards s hill
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Good luck with this, Spend. This is the kind of nightmare that can happen to any of us. Keep us posted!
Ann
Message 7 of 7
latest reply