Changing currency of existing listings

Hello,

I have listings on ebay.ca.They are presently in USD .I'd like to change them all to CAD. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately not.

Currency cannot be revised in a listing.

A seller needs to end the listing and relist using a different currency.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately not.

Currency cannot be revised in a listing.

A seller needs to end the listing and relist using a different currency.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

And use Sell Similar not Relist.

And nope, you can't bulk relist them for this change.

If your items are on Good Til Cancelled, that means ending them to Sell Similar.

But if you have a fixed time listing, just wait until each ends and do it then. This would also give you a comparison between similar items listed in USD and CDN.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

i am listing on .ca, can i have listings in both us$ and ca$,  and if yes, can i collect payment in both currencies, or will one have to be converted before going into paypal account., and lastly if i can list in both currencies what happens if someone buys something from each currency, is there a way to send an invoice with the 2 currencies. thanks

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

", is there a way to send an invoice with the 2 currencies"

No.

That problem has been around from the beginning and there is no solution to it other than to send two invoices (one for each currency) and receive two payments.

Some sellers have been known to spend a lot of time trying to combine all transactions under one PayPal invoice in one currency and then manually adjusting the payment information through "my eBay" or "Selling Manager".  Confusing for many buyers and not worth the effort to save $0.30 PayPal fee.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

That's what I thought.  Thanks for confirming.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the tips but I'm having the same problem as the original poster and when I log into eBay Canada and try to use Sell Similar, it keeps redirecting me to the U.S. site to edit the listing, and there is no option to change the currency. Any advice?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

"when I log into eBay Canada and try to use Sell Similar, it keeps redirecting me to the U.S. site to edit the listing,"

That is because the listing was listed on eBay.com.

It does not matter where you are logged in .

A listing on eBay.com can only be revised on .com or, if ended, relisted using the "relist" function or the "sell similar" function on eBay.com

Now - let's be practical.

You want to copy a listing from eBay.com into eBay.ca.

open two browsers -

in one you will have your current or recently ended listings

in the other, you will log on eBay.ca and start a new listing from scratch using Cdn$ (click on "Sell" tab on top of the eBay.ca page)

You will copy the information (copy and paste title, category, image, description, etc...) from the .com listing into the new .ca listing except for the price (you may want to adjust to reflect the currency differential) the shipping information where you now need to make adjustments to reflect different carriers (Canada Post is not available on .com) and currency. While "domestic" was USA on .com, it is now Canada on .ca.

Take your time on the first listing.  Verify everything.  Make sure to preview the new listing before you click "List your item".

After you have listed the item, check it again and again.  Revise as needed using the "revise" function (PS - I am a very experienced user yet I had to make several revisions when I switched listings from one site/currency to another).

Give it a day.

Check your listing again the next day - with a fresh mind.

If everything is OK, then you can easily copy and paste from the .com listings to the .ca listings using the "sell similar" function.

Yes, it is time consuming.  Last time I did it - many years ago when I was an active seller - I had 4,000 listings in my eBay store.  It took me a month.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Oh wow, that is unbelievable. Thanks for the thoughtful response, Pierre. Unfortunately I will have to do this between my browser and Turbo Lister, since I rotate my inventory and the items I relist are never the ones that have recently ended. Insanity. What caused you to do the .com/.ca listings change in the first place? Were you converting Canadian listings to U.S. ones? The vast majority of my sales come from the U.S. so I've been listing that way for years without a second thought that something like this could ever happen.

I might post further thoughts about this promotion in the other discussion thread.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply