Could it have came a bit later?

We received our e-mail notification that Tues Dec 27/05 was to be 10 cent listing day. When did we receive the email? At 10.30 a.m. Tues Dec 27/05, being today. A full 10 and a half hours into the day the sale is to take place. My guess is that eBay knew about this offer days in advance so why send the notification so late?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

catseye*
Community Member
I received mine yesterday.

Possibly your email provider is having problems?

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
I also received mine this morning. Dec. 27th

Harvey
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I never received one at all but seriously the 27th has been a deal day for at least the past 6 years. Did anyone really know it wasn't coming?
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have 2 selling and 1 buying IDs and I didn't get a single email notification. And yes, my preferences are set to get these.

As Ben says, I was watching for it too ....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I received mine on the 27th too. I think it is because it is a .com day. They traditionally do not send out notifications on discount listing days til approx 14 hours before they begin. Canadians are probably the last on the long list of notifications.

If you want to know about these long in advance, I suggest you make a habit of checking in on the PS .com board at least once a day. Someone always starts a thread about these things. Taking 5 minutes to check it out once a day can be worthwhile.

JMHO,

Monique

Monique

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I would also suggest you subscribe to the announcements group and you'll receive the emails of all the announcements. Announcements include everything happening on the site including sales, promos etc.

http://groups.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1072

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
jakeeangel,
Am I doing something wrong. When I click on that link i get an error message:

Groups Error

Error:
You are not authorized to view this component.

Harvey
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

alero0
Community Member
I just figured out that I had to join the group, and did.

Harvey
Message 9 of 9
latest reply