EBay has started supporting chinese scammers

Dear People, I frequently buy stuff on EBay and frequently I do not receive the items. I have left negative feedback and / or asked for money back from the Chinese scammers and guess what EBay did: EBay now supports the sellers by bullying the buyers and scaring them with consequences for leaving negative feedback or asking a refund. This thus means that the so called "Money back guarantee" is a joke. Please realize that EBay only cares about money and not about you. Try out the other internet sales sides as well, because EBay now has decided to choose the side of Chinese scammers. They have lost the trust of the general public and rightfully so. Before buying at EBay, consider if there is any other place you can buy with more safety or at least a place where the company still knows the meaning of words such as honesty and dignity, etc. Please help me in leaving negative reviews about EBay on any website on the Internet. The public needs to be warned that EBay cannot be reached by email and that they are supporting the scammers. How does the scam work? You buy from a Chinese seller, You don't receive product, Your money gone, You leave negative feedback or ask refund, EBay contacts you and threatens you.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: EBay has started supporting chinese scammers

@alblaauw wrote:

I have left negative feedback and / or asked for money back from the Chinese scammers and guess what EBay did: EBay now supports the sellers by bullying the buyers and scaring them with consequences for leaving negative feedback or asking a refund.

How does the scam work? You buy from a Chinese seller, You don't receive product, Your money gone, You leave negative feedback or ask refund, EBay contacts you and threatens you.

Thats not how it works.  The way YOU want it to work is obviously:

"You buy from a Chinese seller, You don't wait to receive your pproduct, You leave negative feedback to get a refund."

Items from China can take over 2 months to arrive according to the HONEST buyers who shop there.  PayPal gives you 6 months to file a INR claim so whats the rush?

EBay is just doing whats right by eliminating scamming buyers.  If you aren't willing to wait for mail order items to arrive then you are not a credit to the site.  Leaving negatives to get refunds makes you the scammer and the bully.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You buy from a Chinese seller, You don't receive product,

And then you go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, DELIVERY) you will be refunded.

Note that the first suggestion is to contact the seller. This is mostly for politeness. A good seller will deal with the problem promptly.

An offer to replace the item is not a useful response. The 'replacement' will not arrive either.

There is a deadline for Disputes.

The eBay deadline is 30 days after the last estimated date of delivery.

So if you bought on July 1 and the last day eBay thought the purchase should be delivered was July 31, you would have until August 30 to open an INR dispute.

Personally I allow 20 days from payment for delivery from North America and 30 days from Asia, before contacting the seller. And open a Dispute if there is no satisfactory resolution within 48 hours.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Oh my.

The biter bitten.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yet you keep buying from Chinese sellers.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I've never seen so much revised FB?  

What's up with that?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

feedback was revised after money was refunded, or item arrived or both..

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

ebay so very rarely steps in to chasten buyers that havoc must be wreaked before that ever happens. 

If you were admonished by ebay, I would encourage you to consider long and hard what led to this fork in the road.

Yours might be the first post of literally thousands that I have read that indicated a buyer was sanctioned. 

Good luck to you as you carry forward.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The OP's last two feedback received were for interesting items.

I'm a little surprised that sort of thing is still allowed.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You mean feedback received as a seller, right?  I'm fairly sure those type of listings were banned a year or two ago.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You mean feedback received as a seller, right?  I'm fairly sure those type of listings were banned a year or two ago.

The last THREE fb as a seller all from the same buyer.  I think its pretty clear who the scammer is here.  No conscience at all.  The 2012 fall seller update axed the selling of "intangibles" like this.  That doesn't mean no one does it and there will always be some offering a "Psychic Reading" for somewhere around $20.  But then, they're not allowed to buy and sell feedback either. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply