Global Shipping Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Canada and I have recently bought an item that costs exactly 20 dollars - when I was paying for it, an additional charge of 9 dollars popped up - for import duties from the US to Canada because the seller is using the Global Shipping Program. Initially it wasn't on the listing and I don't think it's the sellers fault, its the Ebay that's charging it so that you don't have to pay duties upon delivery...BUT when I go to the Canada Border Agency's website it says "Under the provisions of the Postal Imports Remission Order, if someone mails you an item worth CAN$20 or less, you don’t have to..." Why the hell am I being charged then??? I know that Amazon has something like that but then they just refund the amount of import charges if they were not applicable but I really doubt that Ebay is going to pay me back!

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Global Shipping Program

I wanted to buy a small polly pocket character, approx. 1 inch high. The cost was approx. $10. This seller uses the gsp, so the postage was over $16....imagine my shock. I emailed and asked if he would just send it in an envelope for roughly the cost of a letter. He said "no" that the custom slips were too much of a hassel to fill out....give me a fricking break ! I have sold many items on ebay and all customs declarations can be done online. I guess he can keep his polly pocket ! $16.00 for an item weighing about an ounce....total complete rip off !
Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I have been buying items on eBay since 2005. Many of my purchases have been for clothing. Not once have I been charged import fees on clothing. I have contacted some sellers and asked them to change their listing ...some have said no problem and others told me that this is the way it is now. Mass confusion !!! ... I will continue to but clothing off eBay but ONLY from those not using this Global Shipping Program.

😞

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

GSP is a ripoff! pure and simple! After buying items on ebay for many years I have noticed Customs Canada never charge import tax on items shpped person to person (e.g. Joe Smith to John Brown) , but they do tax any item shipped from Business Address (e.g. Da Big Store to John Brown) AVOID ALL SELLERS USING GSP Wake Up Y'all !!!
Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Global Shipping Program

As this question has been marked solved, it will now be locked.

Please post your Global Shipping Program questions here: Global Shipping Program Questions

And your Global Shipping Program comments here: Global Shipping Program Comments

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 44 of 44
latest reply