Got a message saying color not available after getting item shipped message, is this normal?

davetju
Community Member

Tried to make a purchase and the day after receiving the item shipped notification, the seller contacted me to say that the color I ordered was out of stock and which color would I like in exchange.  Not wanting to deal with a dishonest person, I canceled the order.  Should this seller be reported for trying to boost his shipping speed stats?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Got a message saying color not available after getting item shipped message, is this normal?

Er... just how did you 'cancel the order' ?

If you had already paid, you can ask the seller to send you a Request for a Mutual Cancellation. He can agree or refuse/ignore it.

If, as I suspect the factory's shipping department had shipped and the confused order department notified you, then it is very likely that the correct item is on its way to you.

Human error, in other words.

And since they had shipped, you had already paid.

So what did you do?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

When I replied that I wasn't interested in the other colors and I wanted a refund the seller canceled the order and refunded my $. This is the actual reply I got:

"I'm now fully refunding you, as we committed ebay one day handling time, so we mark all the orders shipped before processing. I'm sorry for the confusion caused."

So he/she admits to lying. ????

Message 3 of 3
latest reply