Having a problem with listing an item. The international shipping segment were you have to check the boxes (2) if you want to ship

to the USA. I am positive I check that second box but when posting the item it sometimes will not allow the US shoppers to calculate the shipping. I have a few items on eBay that only Canadian shoppers can calculate the shipping. I know the cause is that second box because when going back into the listing to revise it, it is no longer checked.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Having a problem with listing an item. The international shipping segment were you have to check the boxes (2) if you want to ship

Two boxes?

Under Custom Destinations, you check United States and then fill in the dimensions (unless you were also using Calculated Shipping for domestic shipping) and the service you are using.

Do NOT add North and South America there or with other countries, because your US sales will be defaulted over to N&S America- at the higher International rates.

In some services, the domestic and US dimensions do not quite match and the US rates then do not appear. The easy fix is to increase the domestic parcel size by a single centimetre in any dimension. Without changing the domestic rate, this will allow the US rate to show.

And only use metric dimensions. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other measures are approximate guesswork.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I tried changing all three dimensions on a item which calculated shipping wouldn't work and it still won't work. I have people contacting me wanting to know how much to ship to U.S. I deleted the original listing pages for this item and created a new listing which resulted in the same thing. This only happens on certain items. Some of the more larger expensive glass items will only give Canada calculated shipping. I hope this isn't a eBay thing to get people to go to Turbo Lister. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply