How to track USPS packages once they arrive in Canada?

Hi,

An item shipped from the US with USPS to Canada, if I check the Delivery status I get a note saying that delivery was attempted and that the item is being held and the recipient (me) contacted. Problem is I haven't been contacted and I have no idea where the packege is or who to contact to find it. The shipper is looking into it from his end. If I enter the tracking number into the Canada Post tracking system I get a message that the tracking number is not valid.

Any help would be much appreiated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The item # might help. Is it a GSP item by any chance, noticed one of your recent sellers uses the GSP ?

The packages received using USPS have been sent Expresspost by CP after customs clearance, for me.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Which postal outlet is nearest your home? They are often in Shopper's Drug Marts, but may be in another small business like a corner store.

Equally likely, your parcel is at the local Post Office. There will be a list of these in the Yellow Pages or just Google.

ACT LOCALLY

Canada Post's call centre is in New Brunswick. All they can do is look at the same information you see on your computer screen. They may be able to interpret some of the jargon , however.

BTW, if a delivery is attempted, it often takes 24 hours before the parcel is back on the shelf at the PO. Not counting weekends and holidays.  Don't act too fast.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@photographymartini wrote:

An item shipped from the US with USPS to Canada, if I check the Delivery status I get a note saying that delivery was attempted and that the item is being held and the recipient (me) contacted. Problem is I haven't been contacted and I have no idea where the packege is or who to contact to find it. The shipper is looking into it from his end. If I enter the tracking number into the Canada Post tracking system I get a message that the tracking number is not valid.

Have you tried entering the number on the USPS website?

And for the "number" you entered on the Canada Post website did you also include the letters that go with the tracking number?

You can also check with the local post office or retail postal outlet where you would normally pick up parcels to see there is anything waiting for you.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply