..I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE A PROBLEM...

katiusciav
Community Member
a while ago, i sold some floral porcelain pieces...when i looked up winner's feedback history, i was a little perplexed and a little worried, and a little afraid..? are we allowed to mention user id's here? well here goes, if we're not allowed, someone tell me:

dollkarma7--anyways, look up the feedback that SHE LEFT FOR OTHERS...this is why i was worried before i sent it out. after reading her feedback that she gave etc...i got the impression she was one of those bidders that will try and get something for nothing, or try and pull as much out of the seller as possible, especialy if you fear a negetive...
so anyways, i WRAPPED HER ITEM VERY VERY CAREFULLY..if you know what i mean...and i was convinced i would get an email from her when she received claiming they were broken or something like that. sure enough, got one today saying my items arrived broken, auction page didn't list 'damaged' pieces, and that it was 'packaged poorly', and wants her money back.
well...lets just say i have a witty bitty itty bit of a temper, especially when I THINK someone is being purposely nasty. mind you i have no proof, they could very well have arrived broken...but i don't think so.
anyways, i emailed her back saying it WAS NOT poor packaging and that i need to see pics of the items before i can issue a refund...
does anyone have any advice on this? like if she says she can't get pics, would you refund?
i already left her a positive, (i should have waited). notice how she hasn't left any feedback for a long time for any seller, i find that strange, i don't know why...

am i being paranoid?
Kat
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

treasure-pot
Community Member
Fair enough, however, the only point I want to make is that there are a lot of people who are glass half-full interpreters. The difficulty is that you never know if they are the top half or bottom half. And yes, most good buyers will check out your feedback first and that will stand you in good stead.

Unfortunately the boards are full of newbies who confess that they don't check feedback before making a purchase. They will generally buy based on their gut instinct. With the OP's user ID it may make the difference in some sales.

You can have perfect feedback but if you user ID is "just-junk" you may not attract a lot of bids compared to an ID like "precious_heirlooms".

I would still urge you to change it to something that is appealing to virtually all bidders rather than leaving it to chance that only the glass half-fulls will buy. Bill
treasure-pot

Bill

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

u-deserv-it
Community Member
i appreciate any and all advice i can get, especially from experienced ebay-er's, as i'm not new to ebay time wise, but certainly a new power seller, and just getting off the ground now with it. i hope to grow and grow, and i'll be posting quite often i'm sure for tons of advice! and bill..one second after my thirty days is up, i'm changing my user id right back to my old one!
Kat
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
b>The difficulty is that you never know if they are the top half or bottom half.
If you check how often in English literature writers use the phrase : You deserve it! It will be like 90% negative and 10% positive.
Next time use salt in the wounds.
I belief everybody on Discussion Board can write his opinion not just you. That means please don't give me next time same advice.
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

celticstudio
Community Member
Do many of you use the block bidder option when you have a difficult buyer, so they can't cause you difficulties again?

The feature can be found on the top of your Buyer Requirement page.
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
All the time. In fact, I frequently use that feature even before a person places a bid if they ask questions in a way that makes it obvious that any transaction with them would be difficult. If you come across a buyer that appears to frequently leave negs for sellers with little or no reason, it may also be in your interest to ensure that they can not bid on your listings.

The tool is they to be used as sellers see fit. As buyer protection measures by eBay become stronger, it makes sense for sellers to be more vigilant to protect themselves.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
The tool is there to be used as sellers see fit.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
..on an update with this...after she asked me for a refund since they were 'poorly packed' and arrived broken, i asked her to send me pics and never heard from her again..! kind of sad that there's people like that..
Kat
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
All the time...

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 28 of 28
latest reply