I'm I doomed with Paypal?

itrecovery
Community Member
Hi to everybody,

Here is a situation. A customer paid for 4 items and I send it over to US by CP Expedited. Customer address is confirmed.

Two months later customer claims, that nothing was ever received. Tracking shows that parcel was delivered.

He is going to charge me back via paypal. I'm I doomed?

Anatoly
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Nope .....tracking shows delivered
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Anatoly, if I'm not mistaken, I think your customer is required to file a claim with PayPal within 30 days.

He could always, of course, do a chargeback directly through his credit card.

Bill

Bill

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
This has come up in the past. As far as i know , it is not possible to prove the actual address shipped to. Todd do you know something more about this? is there a page that shows more than the actual postal code?

---------------------------------
What is the Seller Protection Policy?

When a transaction is displayed as Seller Protection Policy Eligible on the Transaction Details page of a payment, sellers will not be held liable for chargebacks due to fraud (including payments made with stolen credit cards and false claims of non-shipment) when they follow the rules of our Seller Protection Policy:

The seller has a Verified Business or Premier Account
The seller ships to the buyer's address displayed on the Transaction Details page
The seller ships within 7 days of receiving payment.
The seller can provide reasonable proof-of-shipment which can be tracked online. This document must show that you shipped to the buyer's address on the Transaction Details page. For items valued at the equivalent of $250.00 USD or more (£150.00 GBP or more for the U.K.), you must include a signature from the recipient as proof of receipt.
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
You mena zip right ?
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
First of all, thank you for all comments.

What I wonder is , that as US Expedited provides quite lame tracking information:

04 September 2003 23:02
OTTAWA, ON
An electronic transmission has been received by CPC for this item, from EORDER

08 September 2003 01:21
MISSISSAUGA, ON
The item was dispatched from Canada.

08 September 2003 18:09

The item has entered the destination country.

12 September 2003 08:18

The item has been successfully delivered to the customer.

Would it be considered by PayPal as proof of shipment?

I'll keep you posted....

Anatoly
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Check the American USPS.com site under tracking , it may have more info . Like the persons zip , if they mach the confirmed paypal address . You may have a case with paypal
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Canadian US Expedited tracking number is invalid for USPS website. I've already tried that.
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
You are typing it in wrong then. CP gets thier tracking info from the USPS website. I check all of my tracking #' (99.9% are Expedited USA) on the www.usps.com website.

Ryan
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
If it has been over two months it may be archived. Call CP, they can check on the www.usps.com achives for you...they did that for me....or so they said.
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Anatoly,

Call CP and speak with a customer service rep. Give them your tracking number and ask them to confirm delivery. If CP shows that it has been delivered, they have the address available on their system (just not accessible by you and I via the website). Ask them to print out a copy and fax it to you which you can use as proof of delivery to said address. I ran into a similar situation and this worked for me.
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
"Two months later customer claims, that nothing was ever received. He is going to charge me back via paypal."

The worst he can do is file a complaint through PayPal, but he won't get his money back. 30 days is the maximum. I've been on both ends of that stick, trust me.
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Let me blow a little steam here (no dirty remarks). I think it is just reprehensible to think that the regular documentation (tracking numbers that have cleared), which we rely on so much, can be absolutely useless. If this is the case, why do we even bother sending Xpresspost or expedited? Why not just send surface mail and hope for the best. It's quite apparent that if someone is going to pull a fast one, it doesn't matter the method that was used. They will obviously do it no matter what.

I don't believe that all people are bad, not by a long shot. Buttholes are rare but insidious and they are surely the cost of doing business. It pi$$es me of SO much that people will attempt to destroy the business of an innocent seller who is just trying to earn a living. It's the worst side of human nature. In my opinion, for those people who try that deception... if/when it's been decided that they are not being upfront, they should be banned permanently from ebay in any capacity. If they'll try it once, they'll try it again. Thete's no room for that kind of scum.

Thanks guys....I feel ultimately better now.

Don't be annoyed at me Malcolm and Bill....I was just venting 🙂

Jackie...
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Good vent Jackie... and you are right, but unfortunately "life just ain't like that!". It is not just Ebay but in everything we do, there is just an element of people who go out of their way to circumvent the system (sometimes illegally) for their exclusive benefit.

In terms of CP Expedite post etc, I use this method more for proof of shipping to an out of Province or out of Country address to Rev Canada and the Province to confirm sales taxes not applicable then to prove receipt of goods.

Jeff
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Re: shooger on 30 days

I've just got Paypal notification on another charge-back transaction on Oct 1. Over 60 days old... This time I did ship UPS, so I hope paypal will stand my side.

Anatoly

Message 15 of 29
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
If someone paid by credit card through PayPal (rather than funds on deposit) you have the full length of time the credit card company allows. I did this with a PayPal purchase where the seller didnt ship the product to me.

I had 6 months to file a claim with my credit card company and after over 5 3/4 months of trying to get my $$$ from the seller or the item I purchased, I filed a claim with my credit card company and they charged it back to PayPal.

PayPal took over 45 days to investigate and found that the seller did not ship me.

The moral of this story, almost 8 months after I made a purchase, it was charged back through PayPal so hang onto your hats ladies and gentlemen, anything is possible.

Malcolm

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
That's interesting, itrecovery/amberwood. I guess if you pay with PayPal funds, you have 30 days. If you pay with Credit Card through PayPal, you have however long your Credit Card allows you. I always pay with funds, but it's good for others to know.
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Clear out your PayPal account and use a credit card for your purchases and you have the extra assurance of filing a claim beyond 30 days plus some credit card companies offer other benefits like insurance on your purchase for a year (should it break).

Malcolm

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

randall@ebay.com
Community Member
Anatoly,

Given that it has been more than 30 days, PayPal will not process a complaint from the buyer. If the buyer paid using a credit card, they may still be able to file directly with their card issuer.

If you can provide a unique tracking number for each transaction, SPP should cover you. If you received 4 payments and sent in one package (with one tracking number) you will only be eligible for protection on one of the transactions.

Regards,
Randall
PayPal Consumer Relations
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Randall,

Thanks for the input.

1) I'm confused why Paypal send me a case with request to confirm shipping, if they won't process complain over 30 day old???

2) Now, I do understand why some sellers refuse to combine shipping. You loose your seller protection for customer benefit.

Anatoly
Message 20 of 29
latest reply