I purchased an item that was missing parts when it arrived.

I ordered a gaming system that was missing all cables when it arrived. The seller's description said it included the cables, so I contacted the seller about the issue. He is willing to send them to me but is asking for my mailing address. eBay only provided him with a world shipping centre address as I am in Canada and he is in the US. He thinks he can get the cables to me faster with my address. Will this void any coverage by eBay if something goes wrong? I have tried to open a case on the matter but can't seem to figure it out from my iPhone. The seller has been cooperative but I just worry about giving my mailing address when eBay never provided it to him. Is there a number I can call to speak to eBay representatives?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I purchased an item that was missing parts when it arrived.

He thinks he can get the cables to me faster with my address.

He's right.

If he puts the value as under $20 CDN (tell him under $15 US and no it's not accurate, we're trying to avoid duty and tax here) it will go directly to you without 'import fees'

He could get your address by requesting it from eBay (and you get his if he gets yours). There is no danger of any sort involved with this.

Will this void any coverage by eBay if something goes wrong?

No. Your seller is trying to correct a problem he caused.

I have tried to open a case on the matter

Don't. Your seller is cooperating . Cases are for problems the sellers is stonewalling about. You have up to 45 days from purchase to open a case. Your seller should have the problem solved well before that.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply