I've been RIPPED OFF

jhongs
Community Member
Today is really not my day. Started off with this guy calling me wanting to buy my cell phone (an ad i put on local paper) at 9am. He wanted to meet at 11:30am, then i remembered i left my cell phone and boxes and stuff with my friend (more than an hour drive both ways). So, i went and get my stuff and came back to the place where we are supposed to meet. This guy then called me, telling me that he's going to be late (traffic), and wanted to meet at 12:30.
So, then, we met at around 12:45, i sold him the phone, and everything seems great. But when i got home, the money (300 canadian in 20s) doesn't seem as green as it should, i then figured, it really looks fake to me. So, i dropped by the police station (first time) at around 1:30. Well, the police said it indeed is fake. Now that i see it closely, it's REALLY fake, it looks like the guy used a scissor to cut it, all the sides are not even straight! I couldn't stay w/ the police long, because i have my first job interview (still a student now) at 2:30 and i'm not familar with the place. So, then, i'm on my way to the interview. Great, a traffic accident, the car looks like it's been burned in the middle of the road.
Thank god i made it just 5 min before the interview, and everything seemed ok.
When i finally got home after i visited the police again, I had to face a complaint from my ebay customer accusing me of ripping him off because my ads are misleading even thou i refunded him money in the same day of his transactions and replying to his emails almost instantly!!
I'm not gona go on and on now, but i wish i will not have another day like this again.
Jeff
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've been RIPPED OFF

mevans_cda
Community Member
Wow! Sorry to this happened to you :o( Hey, isn't there a way they can track cell phones, the company you had providing the service needed some sort of number, code, whatever to link their service into that phone didn't they?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've been RIPPED OFF

jhongs
Community Member
It's a GSM phone and it's unlocked (i should know since this is what i do) and it will work on any GSM network. This guy did give me his name and # (but i never called, and it's probably fake). I did phone Fido to try and trace the call (since it didn't show his # when he called), but Fido said i'll need a police to phone for it. So, i'm going to be visiting the police more often now.
On a side note, the police station is actually quite warm and very friendly (not what i imagined). I feel more comfortable in the police station then at my school (the school staffs are horrible)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've been RIPPED OFF

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
green money ??
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I've been RIPPED OFF

deltone
Community Member
Oy, sorry for your horrible day Jeff. That sucks. I've had a few friends end up with some fake 20's. When they realized it, they just passed them off at a store because they didn't want to lose the money. OY

I hope you can nail the SOB who did this to you!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply