Incorrect shipping displayed

Hello, has anyone else been experiencing unusual shipping charges being displayed in your listing full view?

I have received several messages from potential buyers that my shipping charges are "wacky" upon listing all of my listings (not in the individual item itself, that part is actually correct) So upon investigating and doing a list myself, they are indeed wacky. Showing up in figures like 88,64534.00 etc and down to .06 upon a refresh. I have tried to get in touch with eBay help using live help, without success so I have sent an email. It's been going on for hours.

so... just wondering if its me or an all over issue.

thanks
Janice
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, my wife just told me some of her buyers was asking why the listing was showing 35,000 shipping charges. She went to look as guest and it was fine.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I've had several emails from eBay tech support suggesting the problem is with my cache or java settings or a few other ideas, of which none worked upon attempting the corrections they have offered.

I am quite sure its an eBay issue now and not my "cache" because of receiving a few comments from potential buyers too.

I am sending off another email to support now and will see what they think.

Janice
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I looked at your listings, other than a couple that show 6 cents for shipping the rest look fine. Even the 6 cents ones look ok on the item page, it's only in the search results page that the funny numbers show up. (I tested with both US and CA ship to locations).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member
I've been experiencing this problem for days. Ebay engineers are aware of the system-wide (but not affecting everyone) problem and are 'working on it'. From experience, that means that the problem will be ongoing for days, if not months, to come.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Problem seems fixed for us today. I don't know what they did but its working.

Frederic
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have the same problem and I contacted my account manager who advised me that I was the only one that is affected and as such they don't know when the problem will be fixed. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me. The last technical error cost me about 50% loss in sales in November and December.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

my update from Live Help:

"Yes, this is a glitch on our end.
It only appears when viewing the items in search or on My eBay.
It is only happening for items on .com
so if you look at the item from .ca it does not show up
It is not your computer.
It is our system. this is a very important issue. Our technical department is working hard to fix this as soon as they can."

I had received another email from support that repeated the same "cache clearing" suggestion and of absolutely no help... so I went to live support and this time the individual was very knowledgeable of the problem and said that it is definitely a glitch. They (ebay) are very aware of it and have been working on the "glitch" to rectify the problem.. but unable to say when it will be completely fixed.

I am still having the issues today. ?:|
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It shows up under general search and not just on eBay.com but also on eBay.ca.
I am sitting with over 1200 listings and I am flooded with verbal abuse for my outrageous shipping charges. I have lots of time to respond to each, because my stuff is not selling.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

beautiful_inspirations
Community Member
I just checked out all my items and my best one was well over 3 billion dollars for shipping!!! They better fix this glitch soon!! No wonder sales are down but I guess if I'm not selling then they aren't making anything either
Message 10 of 10
latest reply