Is there anything I can do to get re-imbursed?

helenejir
Community Member

I bought a Michael Kors watch for Christmas for my daughter and since then the band broke twice.  I cantacted the seller and he never answered back.  I paid 229.66 $ for the watch but since it's been more than 45 days, pay pal won't let me put the ID number to file a complaint.  Is there anything else I can do??  Please help??

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The only possible way might be if you paid with a credit card through paypal.

If you did pay this way then phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and inquire about doing a chargeback.

Have all your info handy.

Credit card companies also have time limits so a chargeback is not a guarantee.

If you didn't use a credit card you are out of luck.

You can leave a follow up to the feedback you left or the seller left.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

oskye
Community Member

Here is an answer I received from eBay Support when I asked a similar question.  My item was low value so it was rather irrelevant, but it might be useful for you.

"Even if you cannot file it under our resolution center anymore, eBay still has you covered with our external options. First, you can file a claim through Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) website: http://www.ic3.gov/.

The IC3 is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and National White Collar Crime...

And you can also file a report with a group called econsumer.gov. This group is a multinational eff...http://www.econsumer.gov/english/  "

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Is the watch under warranty? Most warranties are handled directly by the manufacturer.

The appropriate address should be on the warranty card.

Most eBay sellers, with some exceptions who are also B&M merchants, are reselling secondhand, end of line, or job lot merchandise. They are not "approved" merchants and have no way of dealing with warranty problems.

You could also go to a local approved merchant and work with him on the problem. At Ontario's minimum wage, your time is worth 17 cents a minute. Use your time profitably.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply