Item Not Recieved Process

I hope I not the only Canadian Power seller who is flabbergasted by this latest proposal. Only 17 days to file a claim now....International transactions can take up to 3 months to complete when surface mail is used....and 3 to 4 weeks for surface mail from Canada to the US is certainly NOT unheard of. What is ebay thinking???? I just recieved a rather backhanded postive feedback from a buyer in California whose item arrived 3 weeks after I mailed it (mailed one day after her payment). She has been asking for a refund since day 10. Had this new process been in place I have no doubt she would have filed as soon as possible...in spite of my level headed and helpful responses to all her questions. There are just those buyers....several a month if you do any volume. This is bad bad bad for International sales.
Karen
http://pages.ebay.com/help/announcement/9.html#question9
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Item Not Recieved Process

shoplineca
Community Member
Lynn
I think people tend to read eBay's policies in one of two different ways. Some read them as if they were law and try to apply that sort of logic to what eBay has put into policy and others simply interpret them as a guideline.

In fact some of eBay's policies cross the border and conflict with law so that method cant be used. I find that many of their policies are so generalized that eBay can swing to the left or to the right on making a decision using their policy and apply two different veridcts to two similar or identical cases.

Malcolm
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Item Not Recieved Process

How confidence inspiring is that? LOL with sarcasm.
Karen
Message 22 of 22
latest reply