Latest Post By?

Cannot tell from looking.  Did this Community previously display the author of the last post (directly under the link to the last post in a thread).  It's a convenient feature not just to know who but when.  It is easier to remember who the last poster was and not the when, reduces checking inside a post to see nothing new.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Latest Post By?

No, the last post author name is not displayed.

To solve this problem, I marked all messages as read in each forum and now when I look at a topic, the new column shows the number of new entries. So I only open topics with a new greater than zero.

This works fine except once in a while, the forum loses it Mark all read and all show new. This has happened a couple of times. It also happens when a topic is moved by moderators from one forum to another.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

I'm using the "new posts" column and the "new posts" icons to identify topics which have new posts since the last time I read the topic.

Regarding the icons... I think it would help if it was easier to differentiate the "new posts" icons from the "no new posts" icons... something like this...

- Topic with new posts

- Topic with no new posts

- Hot topic with new posts

- Hot topic with no new posts

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

When I look at the list of current threads, it's handy to see at a glance who has last posted to the thread.  I think this is the feature that I'm missing most right now. Latest post time is somewhat meaningless unless you can remember prior post times. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

@shipscript wrote:

When I look at the list of current threads, it's handy to see at a glance who has last posted to the thread.  I think this is the feature that I'm missing most right now. Latest post time is somewhat meaningless unless you can remember prior post times. Smiley Frustrated

In the world of message-board forum software,

it is unusual for user-name of last-posted message NOT to be displayed Smiley Sad

◄◄ ►►

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

"it's handy to see at a glance who has last posted to the thread.  I think this is the feature that I'm missing most right now."

Ditto.

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

And now we have it, hurray!

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

Too late to edit, I notice that it's showing the ID of the OP, not actually the latest poster. Oh, well, it's a start.

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

YES!!!

happydance.gif

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

◄◄ ►►

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

@sadiesshop615 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

YES!!!

happydance.gif

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

Spoke TOO SOON!!!
(At least it's a start...)

◄◄ ►►

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

I've noticed this and it's very confusing.

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

Whoever wrote the code made a tiny mistake. 😞

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

Nice improvement to the improvements. Cat Happy

Now, what can we do about these horrible emoticons? 🙂

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

Well, the latest post isn't working right. It says that fruitacres is the last poster on this thread. 

It looks like the author and the last poster are showing on all threads. Which isn't correct. 

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

@tcmsecretuseid wrote:

Nice improvement to the improvements. Cat Happy

Now, what can we do about these horrible emoticons? 🙂

I have the original 16 "archived" for use on the new boards... wink.gif  devil.gif  cool.gif
◄◄ ►►

Message 15 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

Just checking the "In reply to" function.

Message 16 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

Now I'm replying to Tom Cruise's secret ID. 😉

Message 17 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

Okay even though I replied to tcm it shows I replied to sadies... hmmm.

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

unknown.gif

Test

It worked, and now it is gone. How do you edit a post?  I just tried, and it didn't take. 

Message 19 of 60
latest reply

Latest Post By?

@tcmsecretuseid wrote:

unknown.gif

Test

testes

Message 20 of 60
latest reply