Message to eBay Customer Service

My account is locked out again and it keeps asking me the answer to stupid questions so I cannot unlock my account.

So unlock my account now please! And quit locking it just leave it be!

I will not call you!

Get a **bleep** email address! This is 2016!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@jlincognito wrote:

My account is locked out again and it keeps asking me the answer to stupid questions so I cannot unlock my account.

So unlock my account now please! And quit locking it just leave it be!

I will not call you!

Get a **bleep** email address! This is 2016!

eBay Customer Service never reads the forums.

-..-

You can ask eBay Customer Service to call you in the Help & Contact link at the bottom of this page.

Go to the "Need our assistance?" section, select Contact Us. then:

Account >> Account access >> "Forgot user ID or password" OR "Keeping your account safe"

Both of those choices give you the option of support phoning you.

If you decide to phone them it is a toll-free number (but the pass code does not work for old style rotary phones).

-..-

If you pay for your phone use by the minute you could check if any of your friends has either a landline or uses a phone over the internet to save on phone costs

-..-

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

That doesn't surprise me. Those eBay *bleep*heads are worthless and greedy.

I refuse to phone them. I will just let my account be locked and won't use eBay.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

It seems like a shame to have built such a great feedback rating in less than two years and let it go.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

eBay is trying to protect you from fraud. If your account keeps getting locked, it's because you are engaging in high-risk behaviour that has been identified as such. Call them and find out the reason. It's the only way. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

No it gets locked because it says that "It appears you have signed in from a different computer".

But I have only always signed in from the only computer I have!

Stupid eBay!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Perhaps you only think you've only ever signed in from a single computer but eBay knows other people have been trying to sign in from other computers and you are all locked out until someone can prove they are the real you. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

No.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

You can't know it's not happening. Only eBay can. That's the whole point of their effort to protect your account whether or not you appreciate or accept that. It won't be fixed until you call. If you don't want it fixed because you don't care about using your account in the future, that's your decision to make.  

Customer Service Reps don't read these boards. They are Discussion Boards for members. 

Being angry about this here serves no actual purpose. It probably would have taken one-tenth of the time to call and fix than it has to type and vent. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Thank you to whoever saw this and unlocked my account!!

I was able to post about 65 more items, and I even sold 1!

However, it is now locked again!

I know it isn't being locked because of a "hacker" like the paranoid poster above thinks.

It gets locked when I have eBay opened in one browser, and then as soon as I open another browser for any other website, eBay automatically asks me to sign in again, and then my account gets locked and it says I am signing in from a different computer.

So can you please unlock my account again, and then I will just be careful to not open any other web browsers when I have eBay opened!

Thank you.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

If your account unlocked itself, consider yourself the recipient of a blessed miracle. No one at Customer Service reads these boards. You can either accept that or not. It's your account so it doesn't matter to anyone but you.

Enjoy. Good luck.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Oh yeah its more likely that a "blessed miracle" happened versus it being unlocked by eBay. Riiiiiiiight........

And if you search around on these forums, you can find posts by eBay employees! So you are straight up wrong, AGAIN!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Again, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but the only time you'll see staff here is when an eBay Canada staff person creates a thread. They don't randomly swoop down and interfere with user accounts as much as you might like to believe it to be so. And eBay Customer Service which is a completely different department in another part of the world, cannot be bothered to monitor the eBay Canada Discussion Boards.

Count your blessings.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Or, don't take my word for it. Ask around. You'll see.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Hi folks! Please remember to keep the boards friendly and welcoming for everyone, further hostility may result in this thread being closed.
-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

This topic has been locked due to hostile comments and interpersonal disputes.
-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 16 of 16
latest reply