My first Charge-back

I just woke up to my first charge-back ever.

Sale was from Dec 29/15 and was shipped by Light Packet International with label printed through PayPal.

So now I've got the charge-back case opened and being asked for proof.

I have no "proof" because I didn't use a tracked service right?

Essentially on a charge-back as a seller you're screwed out of your item plus the refund it seems.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

My first Charge-back

Thanks for your suggestion but this is the first time I am upset enough to say anything here. How do I start a n
new thread?
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

@anne_of_great_girdles wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion but this is the first time I am upset enough to say anything here. How do I start a n
new thread?

You can start a new thread on the discussion boards (http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/11002) or the Answer Centere (http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Answer-Centre/ct-p/1100000000).

It is recommended to only post questions at the Answer Centere.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

I am on a page saying this ; Discussion Boards-Buying and selling on Ebay-Seller Central-New Message

Am I in the right place because your link had an error message 🙂
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

@anne_of_great_girdles wrote:
I am on a page saying this ; Discussion Boards-Buying and selling on Ebay-Seller Central-New Message

Am I in the right place because your link had an error message 🙂

Yes, that page is correct.

My links both work for me, strange.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

You were very kind to help me, merci beaucoup Monsieur Alex 🙂
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

Je suis heureux d'aider!

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

UPDATE: So finally after 17 days of my case being reviewed, it was closed against me with no protection for one reason, TRACKING...

Because they could not verify a delivery I had the amount paid refunded from me out of my account PLUS a $20 charge back fee charged to me. So I was out the item, the money & a fee.

Printing a shipping label through PayPal is NOTHING in a charge back case unless it was with tracking.

Called CS and managed to get both $ amounts reversed back into my account on a "once time only" deal because of my long standing clear record as a seller PayPal customer.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

@dmil8030 wrote:

If you have proof of shipment (not proof of delivery, as in tracking) you can win a charge-back case.

According to the PayPal CS rep I spoke with, that is not true.

- Priting a label without tracking through PayPal with online receipts = NOT PROOF

- Priting a label without tracking at the post office and having copy of receipt and carbon copy of shipping label = NOT PROOF

- Priting a label without tracking online on the Canada Post website = NOT PROOF

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

They promise to protect you if you have proof of shipment for a chargeback and proof of delivery for an inr. They don't say that they will protect us no matter what.

Can anyone confirm that this is 100% the policy?

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

My first Charge-back

I'm not sure which part you want confirmed but here is the information from the Paypal User Agreement. Section a and c relate to unauthorized use chargebacks.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_CA#11

11.3 Eligibility Requirements. To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Item Not Received protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Item Not Received Additional Requirements listed below under (b). To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).

1. Basic Requirements:
    • You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
    • You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
    • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
    • Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in Canada.
  2. Item Not Received Additional Requirements:
    • For Chargebacks, the payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
    • You must provide Proof of Delivery as described below in Section 11.4.
    • It is recommended that you ship the item within 7 Days of receipt of payment. Or, if the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing.
  3. Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements:
    • The payment must be marked “eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
    • You must provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery.

I've looked at this policy quite a few times and I don't remember seeing the words 'online documentation' in this next section so I did think that a copied label and receipt from the post office would be proof of shipping. But according to this and to the rep that you talked to, that isn't the case.

"Proof of Shipment" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item was shipped.
  • The recipient’s address matching the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page and showing at least the city & province, or city & country or postal code (or international equivalent).

Message 30 of 30
latest reply