Number of Views to my listings very poor why??

Hello I wonder if somone can help me?  I do not know why but my listings are sometimes as right now one item has only been viewed by 9 people in 5 days?  Also some othe auctions after a week only 4?  I am wondering what I am doing wrong and if anyone has any tips or can see what I am leaving out or doing wrong.

Also when you check off British views for 40 cents are they not already able to see my items because I ship worlwide?

Thank you,

Susan:|

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Number of Views to my listings very poor why??

Hard to say. Maybe folks just are not looking for what you have for sale?

My sales are doing just fine, but, it is always the newly listed stuff that does better. I can give general critisisms of yer listings, but, ya really have not asked for that.

What I will suggest is for you to check your listings from a mobile device, iPhone, iPad, whatever those things are. I do not have one so I really do not know what they are called. Anywho, I checked one of listings, on the wife's phone, and it really is interesting.

It is guessed that half of all sales take place over these devices. See how you listings looks there, WITHOUT clicking on it. Is the hook there or not?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Search Engines look at the first words in a search and you have word these type of words first: Simply Stunning, Fabulous, Adorable, Simply Fabulous. I don't think you need this type of description at all - it looks like cheap marketing; howsoever: if you want those words in, put them at the end of the string and make sure the first two or three words are the search descriptors you want.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Become Top rated ...offer 1 day shipping .. Have very detailed description etc... Havne't looked at your listing these are just things that help when looking for exposure

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

People find your items by searching specific key words and people don't search for adjectives like fabulous, stunning,adorable etc. You need to have better key words in your titles. Also, some of the item specifics are searchable too so you should be using as many of those that you can.

It would be a good idea to check what other people selling in your category are using for keywords and item specifics. Also...I'm not familiar with that type of jewelry but your prices seem high to me so you might want to check what similar items are selling for on ebay. Check completed sales.

It's actually not allowed by ebay to a keyword in your title though unless that word does describe the item...For example Carnelian? is not allowed. If you're not sure if it is carnelian, you can use it in the description but not in the title.

I find all caps difficult to read and I've heard that it makes a title less searchable by some search engines...I don't know if that is true. I do think that capping the first letter of each word is more professional...just my opinion. 🙂

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your input I undersand what you are saying and I really dislike putting in these awful descriptive words but with jewelry unlike what you are selling, buyers want to know that these items are "fabulous" etc.  However having said that I am going to change my listings and try and keep as many as these words out of the descritption.  I do agree though.

thank you,

Susan

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you I appreciate your input.

Susan

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Hi Susan

I do not know a thing about antique jewellery (but I know a little bit about selling on eBay).

May I suggest you change

- your handling time to one day (that will improve your visibility slightly)

- your return policy to at least 14 days (preferably 30) to improve your visibility slightly

- easy does it on your description.  You totally lost me with:

"THIS HAS BEEN APPRAISED AT 450.00 AS IT IS QUITE RARE, AND WAS ONLY WORN BY ROYALTY,  HOWEVER IF THE BUCKLE IS BERLIN IRON THIS WILL BE MUCH MUCH MORE VALUABLE.  I HAVE LOOKED AT MANY MANY PICTURES OF BERLIN IRON AND THIS LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE SOME EXAMPLES OF BERLIN IRON.  I CAN NOT GUARANTEE OF COURSE AND I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE THAT COULD DO THIS FOR ME OR FOR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER.  SO I HAVE TO PRICE THIS ASSUMING THIS IS NOT BERLIN IRON BUT REALLY FEEL IT IS.  PLEASE LOOK ONLINE AND SEE WHAT YOU THINNK OF THE PICTURE OF BERLIN IRON.  NOW I READ ONCE THAT ALL THE BERLIN IRON IN THE WORLD COULD FIT INTO A SMALL ROOM THAT IS HOW RARE IT IS.  ALSO I WAS TOLD THAT ONLY ROYALTY WORE THESE BELTS, THAT THEY WERE MADE ESPECIALLY FOR ROYALTY AND IT WAS CONSIDERED A GREAT ART FORM AND DONE BY JEWELERS.  I WONDER WHO WORE THIS BELT LOL.  VERY CURIOUS.  ANYWAY BACK TO THE BELT IF YOU BUY THIS AND LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND SOMEONE TO VERIFY IF YOU INDEED HAVE BERLIN IRON. OR IF SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN TELL ME WHAT HE THINKS OF IT I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT.  THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!"

- may I suggest you also change your policy on feedback and leave positive feedback immediately upon receipt of payment instead of waiting to receive it from buyers.

- finally since your items sell for hundreds of dollars, you may see fit to lower the shipping charge to $5 (or offer "free shipping" for more visibility) and absorb the difference in your selling price.

Good Luck

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Preparing a description...

Should not be all caps... very hard to read... no spelling errors

Split the description into paragraphs of one to two sentences per paragraph.

Sound authoritative, be authoritative

White lettering against a dark background is rather difficult to read... Keep it simple....

I took what was presented abovereply 7,  and did a quick revision....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been appraised at $450.00 as it is quite rare, and was only worn by royalty, 

However if the buckle is Berlin Iron this may be more valuable. 

I have looked at many pictures of Berlin Iron and this looks exactly like some examples of  Berlin Iron.  I can not guarantee of course and I do not know anyone that could do this for me or for anyone for that matter.

I have to price this assuming this is not Berlin Iron.

Please look online and see what you think of the picture of Berlin Iron. 

Now I read once that all the Berlin Iron in the world could fit into a small room that is how rare it is.  Also, I was told that only Royalty wore these belts, that they were made especially for Royalty and it was considered a great art form and prepared  by jewellers. 

I wonder who wore this belt,  very curious. 

Anyway, back to the belt if you buy this and lucky enough to find someone to verify if you indeed have Berlin Iron. Or if someone out there can tell me what he thinks of it I would appreciate any input. 

Thank you for looking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very much more easy to read....

You do not have to be spedtacular to be good.....

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

spedtacular ... should be ... spectacular

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The reason that you aren't getting views is simple: You are selling no-name vintage jewelry at a premium price.

Actually........ not to be rude............ but your prices are out of this world!

I'll bet that any time you have a gold item or a sterling item the views sky rocket, and when you have anything with a known name it's the same story.

Am I right?

But.......... getting views isn't that interesting. It's the sales you want.

Bakelite is hot too........... You had a little bakelite penguin listed at over $700.

I'll bet it got a fair number of views............. but ............ not to be rude here:  $700?????

It's just not realistic.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It would also be a good idea not to buy and re-sell using the same id :).

Message 12 of 12
latest reply