PayPal: "Pending Bank Transer"?

shooger
Community Member
I just got an email from what appears to be PayPal. It's something I've never seen before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notification of Pending Bank Transfer

Dear Daron Rutter,

The sender of the transaction listed below has received the information necessary to complete a bank transfer to you.

It is now the sender's responsibility to take the final steps to complete the transaction. If no action is taken within 7 days, PayPal will email the sender a reminder.

If the sender does not responded after 30 days, the transaction will be automatically cancelled. PayPal cannot require the sender to complete the transaction.

You will not be able to view this transaction in your PayPal Account Overview until 3 to 4 business days after the sender completes the payment.

Amount: $7.98 USD

Shipping & Handling: $6.00 USD

Insurance: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: $41.65 USD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is news to me! Besides the fact that the "amount" plus "S/H" don't add up to the "total", the whole thing seems odd. Why does the buyer now have my bank info? I never released it to him, or authorized PayPal to release it to him! Is this payment going to end up in one of the bank accounts I have associated with PayPal?

I haven't changed any of my PayPal settings recently. So assuming this isn't a hoax email (which in some ways it sounds like), have I just never run into this before, or is it something new? If anyone has a link to an announcement about this "bank transfer" feature, I'd love to see it!
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

shooger
Community Member
Update: I just got an email from PayPal titled "Notification of Sender Transfer Cancellation":

The sender of this initiated bank transfer has decided to cancel and no funds will be sent.

PayPal has no control over whether a sender decides to complete a bank transfer. No action is required on your part and we have no information why the sender cancelled the pending transfer.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with PayPal's award-winning services and features used by millions of people around the world every day.

I look forward to being provided with PayPal's award-winning service and features. Does anyone know how I can sign up for them? So far I haven't had any luck, despite "millions of people around the world every day" enjoying them all the time, according to this email.

I wish PayPal would have notified me that I'm now accepting bank transfers which can take weeks to complete, and the buyer is able to pull back at any time. Nice.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

"I look forward to being provided with PayPal's award-winning service and features. Does anyone know how I can sign up for them?"

lol 🙂 🙂
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

LOL
Message 23 of 23
latest reply