Paypal shipping is asking for the HS code, what is that?

I am trying to print a tracked package label, it is now asking for the province as well as the country, and an HS code, I have no idea what that is.

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Both nylon and acrylic are synthetic fibres,  and don't fit into  Man-Made Filaments category.  So choose Man-Made Staple Fibres.  Any choices that specify nylon or acrylic in the heading are not suitable - ie designated not for retail sale.  So again you are at the bottom of the list with Synthetic Spun Yarn - Staple Fibres.  Because your yarn is entirely synthetic, not mixed for example with wool, it is >85% synthetic.   I would go with 551110

Message 61 of 65
latest reply

Thank you, great answer! I tried your link and found it to be by far the easiest point to navigate through to find an HS code of 3 or 4 others I have been using. Wouldnt it have been nice if they had dropped that link in right at the point where they ask for HS code?
Message 62 of 65
latest reply

maggievintage: thank you for the help. Now I just have to find out how to find the code for mixed yarns, acrylic/wool, acrylic mohair etc.

Message 63 of 65
latest reply

It will start with 5511, but the last 2 digits depend on the percentage content of synthetic fibres.  More than 85% is 551110, less than 85% is 551120 - that is in general, once you get to 5511, you will be prompted to put in the percentage mix of various fibres in the yarn.  Acrylic, nylon and most of the non-animal-or-vegetable fibres are synthetic staple yarns, not artificial or any of the other descriptors.

Message 64 of 65
latest reply

Thank you, that is a great help. Most of the categories I need are fairly straightforward, but the yarn one I found very difficult. I really appreciate your help.

Message 65 of 65
latest reply