Possible Negative feedback from a customers order

I got an order from a customer for several items who paid right away but then want part of the order sent to another person has a gift which I said was fine and I would gladly do it but when I said it was separate shipping costs for me to do that,which was very low and I was only charging exactly enough to cover the extra cost to me for shipping to another person, I tried to contact this customer several times before processing this order and then getting a tracking number but they would not respond to me until several days later and then complained it was my fault the order wasn't processed yet .  they wanted to cancel the whole order and wanted a refund. I clearly stated in my auctions that I don't offer any refunds but they are sounding like they are treating negative feedback if I don't and keep demanding a refund. All said and done I think they were trying to get free postage costs for the extra shipping . So are they allowed to just leave negative feedback and ruin my 100% positive ebay account?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Possible Negative feedback from a customers order

At one time, if a transaction was refunded and cancelled, the buyer could leave feedback. I've heard in some cases that isn't always true now so your buyer may or may not be able to leave feedback. If the buyer does leave a negative there is the possibility that you could get it removed because they are asking you to do something that wasn't in the terms of the listings...ship to 2 addresses but there is no guarantee that it will be removed.

With that being said, why would you not refund the buyer? You haven't sent the items out, you are not out any money at this point so if refunding is what the buyer wants, then you should refund him.

If you don't refund and you do send the items, chances are very good that the buyer will file a claim saying that the items are not as described and then you will have to give a refund AND buy for return shipping.
It's really not your best interest to 'force' the buyer to continue with the sale.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply