REMBER THOSE 14 LOW DSR's?

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi All,

I'm not sure what will be happening with my account. I've been in contact with T & S and it seems that the 14 DSR's that were low in SHIPPING TIME and eventually in SHIPPING/HANDLING CHARGES were ONLY from one buyer.

Needless to say, this is what is showing in my dashboard now:

Your seller performance level has been adjusted Hide
Your seller performance level has been adjusted in your favor. Because your low detailed seller ratings (DSRs) were from a small number of buyers and these ratings were inconsistent with your performance history, they did not count in your current evaluation. (1s and 2s are only counted if they are from two or more buyers within any given evaluation period.If you have more than 400 transactions, three or more buyers must leave low DSRs of 1s and 2s before they are counted.)

My last evaluation date was April 28, 2010 and any day now I should be receiving my May billing. It will be interesting to see if I receive a discount of any kind. And, even more interesting what will happen come May 28th when it is PS/TRS rating time!

Oh, my....how many more months of PS/TRS will I have?

Have a good one....just an update!

Now off to tend to my loft sales!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

So the system worked For you.

Good!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Oh I'm so happy for you Susan. Yay!!

(((big hugs)))
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I'm glad it worked out for your Susan! I like happy endings.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Susan

I think you'll be ok. As you may know I had a very similar situation (only 12 1's), they were removed but I had unfortunate timing. I didn't notice them until the 17th of April, I called eBay on the 18th and they removed them on the 19th. The problem for me was that my Powerseller evaluation was on the morning of the 19th and at that point I had too many low ratings to keep my PS status, so on the 20th I lost my TRS because I was no longer a Powerseller.

I just got the PS status back yesterday and I have my fingers crossed that I'll be back to TRS sometime today (although my dashboard looks a little "funny").

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I don't understand why sellers should have to go to all this trouble to get their status back when it should not have been removed in the first place. eBay has set the guidelines and should have the technology in place to disregard low ratings that are all left by one buyer....automatically.

This whole system is nuts.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I totally agree westerstargifts. They don't seem to have a problem counting just one positive left by a buyer so that makes me wonder if they allow the multiple DSR's on purpose.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I agree. While one negative or positive is counted...DSR's can destroy a person quick quickly.

The person who left the 14 low DSR's for me...and it was ONE PERSON...was a person who paid with an eCHECK. I e-mailed and thanked the person directly and through eBay's message system for their payment and advised them of the clearing date WHICH should not have been all to long with the individual living in the States.

HOWEVER, this buyer, had problems with their eCHECK and the morning that it should have cleared...it didn't.

I once again had e-mailed this person to advise them of the delay with PayPal and suggested that they contact PayPal to find out what the problem was.

Needless to say...the delay in mailing was not my fault but either the customer not having the funds readily available on the day of clearing OR PayPal's.

When I was finally able to put two and two together and figure out who I had thought left the DSR's, I shared this info with T & S and asked the question, "Why am I being penalized for not shipping right away when PayPal has told me that I may NOT ship? T & S saw the correspondence in My Messages which backed up my assumptions of who the culprit was and said that they would look into it.

I told T & S that while I realize that DSR's are supposed to be anonymous, these low numbers were totally out of character for me and felt retaliatory in nature.

That is why they adjusted my status. The DSR's still blare at me in my dashboard, but thankfully I received my GOLD status back and TRS status back as well.

It only takes one. And, thankfully as well with more than 3000 transactions within a very, very short period of time....it was just the one bad apple that stood out like a soar thumb.

The buyer left GLOWING feedback in contrast to the DSR'S. So, one has to wonder if they had a hidden agenda.

Now...it's back to changing listings as I continue to move my products out the door so that I may close!

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes!

CHEERS!
Susan
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I got my TRS back yesterday as well, now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do with this months $30 windfall.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi recped,

Glad that you got not only your PS status back, but your TRS back!

Yeah...it's not a major windfall! I agree. I most certainly miss the store referral credit! That's where I use to make out like a bandit!

Susan
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

If TRS was just about the discount and had nothing to do with search, I think that less people would worry about losing it.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
If TRS was just about the discount and had nothing to do with search, I think that less people would worry about losing it.

Hi pjcdn,

I agree with you there! It is all about the search...the discount is just a bonus.

Have a good day!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 12 of 12
latest reply