Sending Bulk Emails no longer possible?

Hi there.  I am hoping someone can answer this for me because I do not afford the fruitless time I would waste speaking to an eBay representative.

I have started selling again after an absense of almost a year.  I can't figure out how to send bulk emails (in this case, shipping confirmations) with selling manager pro...even though I used to have no problem sending them in the past.   There is no email option anywhere in the sold view as there was before.  Has this changed?  The PDF user guide dated November 2011 says the option should be there.

Any insights?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Catherine

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sending Bulk Emails no longer possible?

Hi Catherine,

Welcome back!

eBay took away that option sometime last year.  They believe they can do a better job of sending shipping notices, and invoices, than the sellers can.

Now they bombard the buyers with emails after a transaction...first to pay, then the shipping notice and then feedback reminders.  I find that some buyers think the sellers send them and had one that was quite annoyed by the constant reminders to pay.

I don't know if you have seen the announcements for this year's changes so I am posting a link to them and also to the Seller Checklist.

Have fun!

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/SpringUpdate2012.html

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/SpringChecklist2012.html

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks!  Just checked it all out...and as usual...taking up too much space in my brain to see what it means for me.   It's like they want us to swallow something nasty and drown us in sugar to get it all down!  Each and every update...lol!   Haven't they every heard of KISS?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This has been the BIGGEST thorn in my side since they changed it ..... I had ALWAYS sent a separate "Item Shipped" email and the convenience of being able to do that in bulk was a HUGE time saver ! This also gave me the ooprtunity to let the buyers know when to expect their parcels especially since eBay decides what the time frame should be ( and their delivery estimates are ridiculous !  Seriously ? 13-22 business days to the US ? come on - give me a break .... it should show 6-10 business days ! )

Now it's sit there for a half hour of contacting each individual buyer and send separate emails. What a PITA to say the least - now don't get me wrong - I really don't mind sending the buyers the emails but it now cuts into the listing time I used to have. And now with the new "communication" rule coming up .... well lets just say it's going to be very intersting how that works out.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I also liked that feature and ebay assured me that my customers would get a message as soon as I mark something as shipped.  Guess what they lied...customers did not get any email so I also send a separate message to each buyer.

I actually would like to see longer estimated times to the US...I've never seen one that long...mine are usually showing 6-10 days and then you have them freaking out because the time is up and it's not there....and they didn't factor in a 4 day holiday in those estimates for Easter, had to tell 5 buyers that their item probably didn't even leave Canada for 6 days.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply