Share your thoughts: Sunday's SIF promotion

vaughan@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi everyone,

Yesterday (Sunday, May 28th), eBay Canada ran a new type of promotion: members who moved Store Inventory format listings to Auction format would receive a credit to his/her account for the full value of the Auction format insertion fees. I would love to get feedback from our community members regarding this promotion.

Some questions I have include:
-Were you aware of this promotion?
-Would you like eBay to run this promotion again?
-Did you take advantage of this promotion? Why/why not?
-Do you have suggestions on how to make this promotion more effective?

Feel free to share your comments!

Vaughan
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

- I was only aware of this promotion only through comments made in this group, and then your direction to a functional link ...otherwise I would have missed it completely. The link shows auction fees were free .... if this only the listing fee or does it include gallery as well?
- yes, I liked this promotion and would love to see it again.
- yes, I moved about 200 items from my Store to auction.
- I dislike having the fees charged and rebated, as I do like to take the time to keep scanning to ensure fees were rebated. Would prefer if they are free, to show it free ... the same as ebay.com promotions. They used to rebate fees, but seem to have it sorted out now to have the reduced fee reflected when listing. Maybe they will share this technology?
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hi,
I did not take advantage of it as I could not find a way to move more than one item at a time. This was just too time consuming! If there was a way to send a store item to the auction side in Blackthorne I would have jumped for joy. I did take advantage of the 10 Cent sale day.
Gehres

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I didn't take advantage of it as I was unsure just WHAT was discounted. Just the auction fees? My ebay store is on .com would it's items have qualified? I couldn't get these answers as the link was not working.

I was only aware of this promo from comments on this board as well. I didn't receive an e-mail as would recommend sending one in the future.
Monique

Monique

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

* I was made aware of the promotion from this board - the email notification I received referred to 10 cent listing day only.
* Love the idea, and I'd like to see it again ( and again ..)
* I moved around 230 items over from store to auction. I used the bulk 'Send to auction' feature in 'My Ebay' to do so - fast and easy.
*Better communication of the promotion would help.

Ann

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

jenzaka
Community Member
Hi:
I was thoroughly notified prior to the discount day. I received both the 10 cent notification and the store listings to free e-mails.

- I did take advantage of the 10 cent listings as I always do on discount days. I liked the fact that it occurred on Sunday.

- I moved very few of my store listings to auction. I DID NOT like the fact that in order to qualify for the free listing that you couldn't include a BUY IT NOW. It was my understanding (and this could be wrong, I found the details confusing) that you could not even include BIN for a regular fee or you would forfit the free listing fee. Since, most of my store items are merchandise that I wish to sell at a fixed price, this promotion wasn't really an option for me.

- I also agree with other sellers that reduced fees should be reflected immediately. Even if we have to wait for a credit, I would like to see what the ad will cost at the time of listing. This would definitely help in assessing what exactly qualifies.

Joy

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

yogagirlvancouver
Community Member
Hi Vaughn!

Yes, I did take advantage of the promotion - Thanks! 🙂

I agree with the comment about BUY IT NOWs not being allowed on auctions, as being a disadvantage - I also would prefer if it were included next time (just something to consider).

I also was confused regarding whether is would actually be FREE (ie: gallery also, etc), or if only a portion of it was free?

ALSO, I later read something about store inventory not created by a certain date not being elligible, so then I was worried, as I don't know if I made the cut off?

Finally, I mostly just used the 10 cent sale, as that one seemed more clear.

I think you have a great idea here though, and with a little tweaking, I think it would be really great!

I'd love to see it again!

Thanks! 🙂
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

vaughan@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. It is very helpful to get your feedback on this pricing promotion since this is the first time that we've tried this format.

Cheers,
Vaughan
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

coastwindchimes
Community Member
Great promotion. Only learned about the store option on this forum~ so better notification would be good. Also, would very much like to have BIN included for the free listing. Tim~
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

onecrazycanuck
Community Member
I always find with most of your promotions is that I get home from work and see that I have only the very next day to do things. ebay need to give a few days heads up to allow busy people the time to adjust their own schedules accordingly. So many times I have to take a pass on these things or have only a few minutes to list just a few items. Your ideas are good just not enough time given to us to implement!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

d_chong13
Community Member
Awesome promotion!!!! Easy to see how much of a difference selling in auction really makes. If you run this promotion again - I'll definately use it again and again - it's basically a free day - but if you take advantage of the 10 cent listing - it's a free half day. I moved everything I had in store format to auction format and it's nice to see at least 10% go for free - and on a day where I was struggling to find something to fill it with...

The links to the information about the promotion were helpful - I'm always watching out for those to change.

I only found out about the promotion a day before it started - was there more notice given???

I'd like to see that promotion done at least once a month - I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one - but KEEP UP THE GOOD & HELPFUL WORK!!!!!!

Dave.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Vaughan,

It seems most of us would love to see this promotion again; maybe tweaked with BIN and a couple of the other suggestions (immediate reflection of cost?).

Also, can you confirm what was free ... just the insertion fee or total auction cost (which is what the bulletin said).

Thank you ... Ron
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

straw11
Community Member
I moved my whole store over and it worked wonderfully I wish the fees we deducted then as I like to keep my fees paid off or very low as I go when will the fees be reveresed and I would definitley do it again I sold tons and picked up some new customers thanks for doing this Pat straw11
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Vaughan,

Please confirm what was free (auction fee or entire fee, including gallery).

Also, please advise when the fees will be refunded. I too, would rather try and see fees reflected as what I truly am going to have to pay .... or do we have to try and decifer pages of fees daily until we see it?

Thanks .. Ron
rgilbert15
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

brnzwenipee
Community Member
loved it and I hope we see more of them..
Message 15 of 15
latest reply