Shipping Cost Increased

I just won an item on eBay France for shipping to Canada.  On the listing the shipping cost was shown to be EUR18.00 and was clearly shown as being for international shipping.  However, I just received the invoice from the seller and the shipping is now EUR29.00.  How can a seller charge more for shipping than was specified in the auction?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shipping Cost Increased

Yes, the listing clearly shows euro 18.00 for shipping international and to Canada specifically.

I suggest you contact your seller and ask for a corrected invoice showing the correct amount.

Do not pay until you have received a corrected invoice.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks - I have sent the seller a question regarding this.

He obviously typed in a shipping charge for international into the appropriate auction listing inputs because I can select Canada from the dropdown list of countries to ship to and the EUR18:00 is shown.  And yet in the text of his listing he says to contact him for international shipping costs!

If he entered EUR18.00 into the listing, how does the eBay system allow him to then invoice for more?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Seller can change the shipping charge at time of invoicing and that is a good thing in most instances.

It allows sellers to reduce the shipping charge when buyers purchase more than one item or increase the shipping charge when buyers request a more expensive shipping method

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ah - okay thanks.  I appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply