Sold an item, sent multiple invoices to the buyer, nothing after 4 days, what to do?

ws_pj
Community Member

How much longer should I wait?  Will ebay step in and help?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sold an item, sent multiple invoices to the buyer, nothing after 4 days, what to do?

Is this for the item you sold on Saturday, December 27th, two business days ago?

Only one invoice to the buyer will do.  Multiple invoices will not get a faster response.

If no reply is received, you can file for non-payment with the resolution centre after four days.

However, considering the Holidays, I strongly suggest you show some patience and give the buyer a week to pay or contact you.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

By the way, your listing reads;

Shipping: US $29.00 (approx. C $33.71) Standard Shipping from outside Canada

Yet your description indicates location of the item is Toronto.

The shipping charge seems a bit high to me if the item is in fact located in Toronto  Could that be why the buyer has yet to pay?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

$33 US to ship. No returns. Ship in 10 days. "0" seller feedback.

We have a newbie seller.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Some sellers are willing to wait longer for payment then others and everyone handles it differently but I do agree that multiple invoices are not necessary. If I have a buyer that doesn't pay I will write them a polite message on the third day and ask them to contact me (usually within 24-36 hours) or else I will have to make arrangements to list the item again. I don't say it, but that means that I will open an unpaid item claim after that time period. 

Here is info on how to do that.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Your shipping rates do seem unusually high though so you might want to look into that. Also, if you are in Canada, why does your shipping info say that you are shipping from outside of Canada?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

listings are set up with only one shipping charge worldwide

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

While you are waiting for payment, take time to play with the Sell Your Item Form, particularly the Shipping section.

You should also drop into your local postal outlet and ask for the January 2015 rate sheets for parcels and letters.

Whether you use Flat Rate Shipping or Calculated Shipping, you should be entering at least two rates. One for Canada and one for the USA.

If and when you decide to sell overseas, you will find you can set several different rates for different nations, depending on shipping costs and your personal paranoia levels.

If you aren't paid by Monday, send one last invoice, with a corrected and lowered shipping fee. And apologize for the newbie mistake in the fee.

If he doesn't pay then, move to an Unpaid Item Dispute. The Dispute must be completed before you relist.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

BTW, when the customer does pay, his payment will be held by Paypal against your good seller performance for 21 days. Don't fret, it's a Buyer Protection Policy and nothing personal.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply