Sosick of Non Payers

Why dose EBay have sooo many non payers?On my other sales site payment is required immediatley on purchase No having to chase them down ect Ebay makes you pay an extra fee to Buy It Now which allows immediate payment This should be manditory on all purchases My bidders are on bidding at last seconds then Nothing No response No payment Nothing You have to wait 4 days file dispute and star all over This is becoming so frustrating Last week alone I have had 5 non payers and of course they are allowed to continue bidding and buying and not paying Total waste of time Why is this not being adressed by EBay?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Sosick of Non Payers

There is immediate payment on ebay.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Yes I know the Buy it now but why do we have to may more to list buy it now to get that payment feature Why is it not automatic like any other store or website You buy you pay at same time What other place allows sales to go days before paying?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Why is it not automatic like any other store or website

Q - What other website has Auction style listings with automatic payment?

A - None that matter!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

You don't have to pay for Buy It Now.

You can list your item at Fixed Price for 50 cents( or less) per month.

You can require that bidders (not buyers , any bidder) have an active Paypal account.

You can require that buyers make Immediate Payment or the item remains available to other bidders.

You can set up an automatic Block against bidders with Strikes for Unpaid Items.

You can go through the annoying process of giving a Strike for Unpaid Items and prevent the deadbeat from leaving you feedback, get your feedback and help your fellow sellers Block him too.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Thanks I am going to go all BIN from here on I am going to enter non payment  on my non-paying customers and hope it deters them from bidding on other auctions they have no intention in paying for.We will see how this fairs out

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Remember to add Immediate Payment Required to all your BIN Listings.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Immediate Payment Required to all BIN listings won't work if a buyer want mutilple orders.  I am not going to refund the shipping costs that eBay is not going to give me the refund and I don't want a hassle having to refund partial shipping costs only to have the buyer upset.  It is not worth it.

I normally get 1-2 unpaid item bidders per year and since eBay removed sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for their buyers, I see horrible hefty incrase of unpaid item bidders which I now are getting an average of 5-10 every week without fail!!  Thanks eBay for giving us pure hell!

As for femme's suggestions, it won't work in any ways.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Anonymous
Not applicable

We need eBay to enforce the payments from the buyers regardless of what.  When they bid or buy, they make the committments which eBay warns them before they submit but eBay lets them get away.  eBay needs to change that and can deduct $$ from them after the 5th day of no payments.

We just got a message/new policy from eBay that they inform us that they have the power to deduct $$ from the sellers in the resoultion area so why not from the buyers too????  Go figure!!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Me too!

Selling on eBay has been fun but Non-payers, Whiners, and those buyers who 'short' the DSR ratings are slowly turning me from a "sweet" old lady into a 'Hard' woman! (also buyers in foreign countries who use USA address for shipping in order to have items shipped for less).

If you open the Unpaid item case on these Nonpayers, I understand that eBay will eventually remove them from eBay (not certain if it 3 cases or 5). Unfortunately they just set up another membership using a different name. My blocked bidder list grows every week ~ Nonpayers & Whiners all hit that list.

I also don't like the Private feedback that some buyers have in order to 'hide' any remarks ~ as a Seller I feel I have the right to know who I'm dealing with.

It took me awhile to set up 'Buyer Requirements' to block some of the buyers who had too many Unpaid item cases.

Another problem I've run into in the past year is buyers in Foreign countries who use USA addresses for shipping in order for their USA 'contacts' to Forward the item on ~ in that case a Tracking number is very important!

I've sent suggestions to eBay about my concerns ~ doesn't do any good, in fact, the last time I sent one in I received a reply that "eBay does want suggestions, but only when they ask for them"?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Well I just had a buyer from Japan claim item not received Immediatley open case Paypal holds my money I put in tracking info Next day buyer emails they received it and leaves Post.feedback Great \Well so I thought sent everything to Paypal tracking info copy of emails copy of feedback copies of buyer stating she cant close case dosent know how to although I have sent directions numerous times.Knew how to open it but Paypal will not help me out Buyer says will try again in a few day? Sure it is only my money being held Emailed Paypal for over aweek Case still open money still held What crap Buyer can bid not pay nothing happens to them Sellers don't jump quite high enough or don't get parcel across an ocean in 3 days they get money held disputes open threats of neg feedbacks I guess we are all suppose to sell our items get no money pay the fees send for free and then maybe we will be Ok.Took 1 minute to open dispute yank my money but now it takes over a week to get it closed and still not closed ?wow about as one sided as any company can get Sorry im venting but it is getting just crazy and this week has given me over 8 problems TGIF

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Well I just had a buyer from Japan claim item not received Immediatley open case Paypal holds my money I put in tracking info Next day buyer emails they received it and leaves Post.feedback Great \Well so I thought sent everything to Paypal tracking info copy of emails copy of feedback copies of buyer stating she cant close case dosent know how to although I have sent directions numerous times.Knew how to open it but Paypal will not help me out Buyer says will try again in a few day? Sure it is only my money being held Emailed Paypal for over aweek Case still open money still held What crap Buyer can bid not pay nothing happens to them Sellers don't jump quite high enough or don't get parcel across an ocean in 3 days they get money held disputes open threats of neg feedbacks I guess we are all suppose to sell our items get no money pay the fees send for free and then maybe we will be Ok.Took 1 minute to open dispute yank my money but now it takes over a week to get it closed and still not closed ?wow about as one sided as any company can get Sorry im venting but it is getting just crazy and this week has given me over 8 problems TGIF

One 2 minute phone call to PayPal and your funds would be released.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

"I also don't like the Private feedback that some buyers have in order to 'hide' any remarks ~ as a Seller I feel I have the right to know who I'm dealing with."

Personally, as a buyer, I don't feel that you ( the seller) have a God-given right to snoop through my shopping bag 😉  

My past purchases have no bearing on any current transaction, especially when I consistently  pay immediately, and treat my sellers with respect.  My individual transactions stand on their own, and as such, no seller would ever be given any reason to  second-guess doing business with me.

cont'd...

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Cont'd...

Not all private feedback'rs are 'hiding' anything.  Many of us have exemplary records, and no history of foul play.  Some of us don't appreciate windbags analyzing our purchase history on this board, and some simply are private souls who don't wish to advertise their hobbies, interests, or business acquisitions.  Some of us are generous gift-givers and don't care to display sensitive information.  Some of us may have other reasons, and none of them really impact the seller, except to appease their curiosity.

I do believe that the number of transactions, and number of positives, etc. are displayed, along with the FB percentage, even though the feedback comments are not displayed.  So you do have a pretty good idea about the integrity of the customer, after all.  

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Cont'd..

For the record, no seller has ever questioned my private feedback, and no seller has ever had a problem with me.  My other id probably mirrors this one, and is not private.  I do find it beneficial to post with a private id for some of the reasons mentioned above.  It's not anyone's business if I choose to purchase with it, as well.

And being that I have always favoured purchasing from CTS board members when looking for something, blanket comments about private feedback being used to 'hide' anything is just not cool!  

Look around the board!

JMPO

sorry about the multiple posts, it wouldn't post in its entirety in one post.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

almond there are 1000 of buyer that are not nice or honest like you  so when you take offense just know they are probably talking about bad buyers not you ...

I always check feedback of suspicious buyers to look for follow up feedback or wierd feedback patterns .. most buyer who have ripped me off i knew thy were going to becaquse when i view items on their feedback  i notice most of the scammers are dumb enough to sell what they bought on the same account.. ..

FYI You opened up your shopping bag to the world the day you put your credit card online .. It is pretty well known ebay is very open place you buy it i know you name number address everything and you call in and bam they give you my number name everything .. Anyone shopping on ebay should not worry about private as it does not really exist on ebay ...

Feedback and history should be a useable tool for both buyers and sellers I mean really once you click buy now what do you have to hide.. When I go to ship I get all the buyers info then if I was a creeper I could take that and facebook you and tell you what you were wearing the other day or google you and find out where you work or go to google earth and tell you what flowers are planted in your front yard ... ....

The internet is a pretty trippy place but I never worry about it so tend not to think about how evverything about me is an open book

Protected yes private NEVER HAHAHAHA ...

Hate non paying bidders do it buy now style with immediate payment or set preferences to block orrrrrrrrrrrr DEAL WITH IT ;( LOL  ..

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

Brande, no personal offense was taken - I have no dealings with the poster who wrote she didn't like buyers with private FB.   Of course i realize it wasn't about good buyers.  

My post was a rebuttal to reinforce that many, and probably most private FB'rs are not hiding anything, but have many other reasons for not making their FB public.    You buy/you pay...you be pleasant to the seller And he reciprocates...and before you know it you have your pkg in hand.  Nothing more to be gained or lost by either side if your buyer FB is public or private.

What's the seller going to do...cancel your paid transaction because your FB is private?    Quite often the buyer has already 'IPR'-ed before the seller even knows he sold something!  With good buyers, their FB is practically moot.  

That is my point, and there are more good buyers than bad ( even if you don't believe it! 😉 )   It's not right to assume someone has something to hide unless they have given specific reason to suggest that.  Yes, I agree there are bad buyers out there, and they may be hiding something, but that doesn't have any bearing on the good ones, because the transaction has most  likely already gone off without a hitch WITH THE PRIVATE FB.  No point in complaining about it.

Did you ever at any point in  my prior transactions with you feel uneasy or unsure that you wanted to do business with me because my feedback was private?  I don't feel it would have made a lick of difference to the transactions at hand.  Am I wrong?

( and yes,I realize nothing is ever reeeally private on here, but for the casual observer, it can be.  If someone puts a tiny bit of effort forth....)

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

And obviously, dear Brande, you've never had Herr Windbag take potshots at you over the value of a few random purchases that were absolutely none of their business.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

I get around 10% non paying buyers. Always filing non paid items , only a few will actually pay after i file.

I asked before about it from members , they said because of the type of items i sell.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Sosick of Non Payers

What Paypal did you use for that quick 2 minute call?I waited on phone for 28 minutes Was on phone for 39 customer service says they are still waiting for buyer to respond Buyer left 5 emails stating she recieved parcel Buyer left positive feedback for item Paypal says that is not enough proof Buyer says she emailed Paypal three times as she can not find open case Paypal dose not respond to her either.I wrote them numerous times and not one response.So glad your quick 2minute solution works for you but I still have to wait this out and when and if they feel like Maybe it will get closed.BIG MAYBE.All customer care repeated is that buyer has to close buyer has to close buyer has to respond to this case Well buyer tried three times Not good enough now buyer has to phone them but buyer is fed up with whole deal and isnt going to wait on phone about this.Great system Nothing but a waste of time and even more frustration So NO it is not a quick 2 minute call

Message 20 of 20
latest reply