Strange shipping fees

Hello,

I see 2 different shipping fees for this item:

dodge charger sxt brake rotor kit  eBay - Maxthon Cloud Browser 4.2.2.1000.jpg

F R KIT Premier Series High Carbon Drilled Slot Brake Rotors Ceramic Pads R392  eBay - Maxthon Cloud Browser 4.2.2.1000.jpg

I can't figure why.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Strange shipping fees

That is really odd, it has to be some sort of glitch. If you are interested in the product probably the best thing to do is contact the seller, explain the problem and ask them for a shipping quote.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Strange shipping fees

You are looking at one on eBaydotCA and one on eBaydotCOM?

Watch out for that UPS Standard shipping.

It does not include duty or sales tax, which all commercial shippers must charge (CBSA and Canada Post are more lax about this on low value items, but not on high value ones).

Even if the item is not dutiable under NAFTA, sales tax will still be charged and collected on your doorstep.

It does not include the processing fee that UPS will charge you on your doorstep to turn over the parcel. This starts at about $25 but rises with the value of the item.

If the other listing has these words:

Customs services and international tracking provided

then it is being sold within the Global Shipping Program and all the taxes, duty and a $5 processing fee will be charged before the shipment is sent by the seller.

Those two different shipping services could explain all.  And note that while duty and tax would be the same, the big difference would be the processing fee.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Strange shipping fees

It is the same listing on .ca. One view is the search view...the other one shows what you see once the listing has been opened.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Strange shipping fees

Thx, reallynicestamps. I am really aware of all the brokerage fee, duty and tax. As pjcdn noted, it's the same item on .CA. I also found a lot of other items with the same problem. I think the search view is faulty as the common shipping cost is around 50$ for all ebay sellers and online shops.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Strange shipping fees

So I did my homework, trying to find the best price for a brake rotor kit.

(all price in USD)

Complete kit (front + rear + pads)

- item: 370873011794

+ price: 263.14$

+ shipping UPS (non GSP) : 42.27$

+ brokerage fee + tax + conversion (as calculated with thefinalcost.com) : 76.98$

- Total 382.39$

(Note: this kit can not be sent through GSP due to weight/size limit)

Front kit (+pads):

- item: 390442821817

+ price: 122.54$

+ shipping GSP: 43.78$

+ import charges: 20.43$

- Total: 201.95$

Rear kit (+pads):

- item: 350582442763

+ price: 122.54$

+ Shipping GSP: 34.59$

+ import charges: 18.53$

- Total: 175.66$

Both kits (front + rear) total: 377.61$

Sometime it is cheaper to use GSP twice than UPS once.

(For the record USPS shipping cost is more than 240$ for the full kit.)

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Strange shipping fees

thefinalcost.com calculator is a piece of garbage. It still has the GST at 6% from years ago when it has been at 5% for years now. It does not take into account PST for those provinces that have this charged by USPS/Canada Post and UPS. It also always charges a flat duty rate of 6% for all items unless you check off Made in USA. It also charges a brokerage rate of $5 for Canada Post when it is now $9.95. It also has a fixed currency exchange rate from US $ to Can $$ at 2.5%. (You enter the item price in US $$)

Total useless site. Totally out of date. At the bottom of the page is a copyright date of 2007. That is when it was programmed with information and rates at the time.I have emailed then several times to the link on the page to correct the site but never any response not any corrections done in years.

Because something is on the internet does not make it accurate nor useful. The web page makes money from the advertisement links at the bottom of the page for Kim Kardashian sex tapes, lol.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Strange shipping fees

So the estimation is lower than reality? That makes the GSP even cheaper.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply