What happens if I got a refund for something I bought but then also received the item a week later?

I bought an Item, did not receive it by the estimated delivery date so I opened a request. Ebay was kind enough to refund my money but then I also received the item a week later. Do I keep the money or repay the seller?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What happens if I got a refund for something I bought but then also received the item a week later?

Contact the seller and ask him to send you a PayPal invoice for the amount due.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It is only fair to pay them back.  I have had this happen quite a few times when I have ordered from China. Can take up to 2 months to get here. Let the seller know you have received it & would like to pay him back.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You don't even need the invoice if you paid originally by Paypal.

The sellers's email on that invoice is his PP address.

Use PP's Send Money to refund.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I feel it is always best to let the seller know the item has arrived. 

A busy seller (this seller from China has over 22,000 feedback) may not even notice the money coming into his PayPal account if sent directly through "Send Money".

Message 5 of 5
latest reply