Why do American sellers have items on eBay.ca but don't ship here?

Hello everyone!  Has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of listings on eBay.ca from American sellers that show that they are a part of the dreaded Global shipping program which means that they should ship here but  in reading the rest of there listing they state in words that they do not ship outside of the U.S.  It's somewhat frustrating to find an item one likes that appears to be open to international bidders but in reading the whole listing  you find out they don't!  Some bidders may not get to the bottom  of the listing and just go ahead and bid which then leads to problems with the seller.    I don't understand how a seller who doesn't want to ship here ends up with there listings here.  Odd!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello 'mpit',

Chances are the seller does not even know the items are showing up on ebay Canada.

Whilst the GSP is lousy for Canadians (and other countries, too), it is great for Americans

who do not want to ship internationally.

Those American sellers who choose to sell only within the US have their items listed

internationally whether they know it or not, but when someone outside their borders buys

the item, the seller needs only mail it to Kentucky, whereupon it is forwarded to the buyer

in whatever other country.

If you contact the seller and inform him that his listings are showing up here, most likely

you will get one of two responses:

He will be surprised and will take his listings out of the GSP, or he will tell you how good the

GSP is because he just ships to Kentucky and his worries are over.

If, however, you really like his item, and he is exceptionally helpful and would like you to

have it, he may take that listing out of the GSP for you and redo the listing with plain old

USPS First Class so you can buy it at a fraction of what it would cost otherwise.

But that's where all the listings come from, -  GSP on listings from sellers who previously

did not list worldwide, but who do so now whether they want to or not.

An American company devising a way to get more money for Americans.  Are you surprised?

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm getting sellers that don't use the Global program that say that don't ship to Canada showing up on eBay.ca.

I don't want to see them at all if I can't buy from them

How do I do a search that eliminates all sellers that will not ship to Canada?

Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual
as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some
real satisfaction, that day is a loss.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I am frustrated trying to find Mercedes cars for sale in Canada but all I am seeing is US cars and buyers resposibility to ship across the border.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply