Why is auto-relist up to 2 times secretly set to on now?

I had several items checked to auto-relist BEFORE the change. The box said "it's free to relist" even the notice said the current listing that go passed the date of the change wouldn't be affected but that's not the case...we got charged fees. Luckily for me it was only four listing that managed to sneak through.

After the change I do bulk list/relist (7day auction) then check each individual listing by clicking "Revise" and at the submit page the "auto-relist this item up to 2 times if it doesn't sell" box is checked.

So now this box is secretly auto-checked for new listings? It wouldn't be so bad if you could bulk edit the stupid box to not relist. Or maybe I'm just blind and don't see this option?

Now I have to go through over 200 listings and manually check off each box?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Edit/update: When you manually relist the box isn't checked but when I bulk relist the box IS checked...why?
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You might want to read through this string I started recently: 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Watch-out-for-the-little-yellow-message-boxes/m-p/285674#...

The free relist is apparently a trial balloon meant to entice non-store owners into signing up.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply