eBay Bugs & Issues Thread

Hi Everyone,

We are starting a new thread here for you to post your concerns when you encounter an eBay issue or bug and have un-tacked the previous thread that has been around since the beginning of 2008.

Here are some important things to point out:

1. This is not eBay Customer Support. All bugs and site issues should be reported to CS to ensure that they are escalated & tracked. You can report issues to CS using Contact Us. Enter a brief description of the issue you are encountering into the search box and select the most appropriate topic(s).

2. We would like to keep this thread as organized and purpose-driven as possible. If you don't have a bug or site issue to discuss, please consider posting to a different board/thread.

3. Provide as much detail as possible when describing your Issue.

Thanks -

Kalvin

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 198
latest reply
197 REPLIES 197

Re: eBay Bugs & Issues Thread

homardunor
Community Member

Hi and THANKS a lot for your suggestion! You put me on the track!!

Before posting on this forum, I indeed tried to shake the tree by creating my own "WON" list but since it appeared (obviously?) empty, I then just tried to delete it. But after I read your Reply, I found the way to add the items I want into it. On the "Purchased History" page, there is a "More Action" scrolling menu at the right end for each item and one of those possible actions is an "Add to List" one which, when selected, gives  a choice of list(s) to add the item to. Any purchased/won item can then be added and managed just like before.  Just need to add the items manually but that's no big thing.

Thanks again!!

PS: Need a partner in your web designing/customizing fore coming business?? 😉

Message 141 of 198
latest reply

homardunor
Community Member

It's not because of anything that you have done homardunor. Ebay made the change and there's no way to change it back.

Thanks PJ. At least I know I didn't cause it. And afterwards, I read the reply posted by latenightdave2K and I found a way to fix that issue (you cans see it in my recent reply to his).

Thanks again! 😄

Message 142 of 198
latest reply

There are a lot of bugs on this new board. I've got messages like:

Error Error: you don't have permission to view the requested forum or category.

when I'm not banned or anything.

There are times I just hit the enter key and everything disappears that I've typed.

If I start a new post it posts it twice.

If I try and copy and paste it either presses everything together I've copied or puts html quotes visable on the board.

This new board has a lot of errors. Not well thought out at all and definately not better than the old board.

Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual
as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some
real satisfaction, that day is a loss.
Message 143 of 198
latest reply

As you can see from my previous post, all the html is there. Which proves my point.

Any programmers out there that don't mind working for free.? It's probably all eBay is willing to pay. LOL.

Message 144 of 198
latest reply

I checked the UK boards recently and there are the same spacing problems there when copying and pasting. I would have thought that ebay would have made sure the bugs were out before putting the same boards on another site. Guess not..

Message 145 of 198
latest reply

Recently I've also noticed that you can't tell if you've read a thread or not. The symbols disappear. Then they come back.

Sometimes your post or a new thread you started doesn't show up right away.

Do you suppose they could put the old board back until they get all the bugs out of this one? I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated with this one.

Message 146 of 198
latest reply

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

What does the & in the title of this thread mean?

Message 147 of 198
latest reply

What does the & in the title of this thread mean?

It means & in HTML coding.

The original topic title was eBay Bugs & Issues Thread but these new forums have another bug and this title gets converted to the HTML code for &.

Notice when I quoted your post, it got converted to & from the code you wrote.

Just another example of how buggy this forum software is.

Message 148 of 198
latest reply

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

Thanks and I thought I was just cracking up...

It seems to have been a while since any ebay staff members posted to this thread.

Message 149 of 198
latest reply

New issue: (actually a really old one).

My hobby for the past year has been reporting this issue every few months to CSR's and ebay support. Nothing every happens.

Paypal shipping automatically sends notices to customers that they can track their USA Air Small Packet shipment online. However there is no tracking with this service. Customers therefore get confused!!!!

Example:

You successfully created a shipping label using PayPal Shipping with Canada Post®. Your shipment details are below.
You can track the package online at:https://em.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do?trackingCode=PIN&action=query&language=en&trackingId=999999999999999999

Please note: Tracking information is updated throughout the day. The information is usually available by noon the next business day.

Which results in emails like this:

Dear terminalcity,

Hi, how are you?
I need to find out if you already shipped this item. The Canadian Postal Service says that the information was received, but it doesn't say that the item was sent.

As all sellers know, there is no tracking on small packets.

I have asked numerous people at eBay Paypal to try to fix it, but nothing ever happens.

Message 150 of 198
latest reply

Just the other day a  customer files a claim through eBay.  As everyone in Canada knows,  Canada Post has been either on rotating strike or locked out since June 3,  2011.  They went back to work on June 28.  In light of this problem,  eBay was very quick in deciding in favour of my customer's claim.  Fine.  I'll refund the money and deal with Canada Post myself.  However,  I received 2 invoices from eBay for the same claim.  One is in US dollars and the other is in GB pounds.  Furthermore the payment I originally received was in Canadian dollars.  This is a problem that will either cost me more than double the original sale or cause my account to be suspended if I don't pay both invoices. 

If by stroke of luck an eBay representative sees this,  here is the invoice # 201107015009967103 on June 30 2011. 

Why is the same value charged to me in 2 different currencies? 

To top it off,  I haven't been able to contact or even find customer support for help.  All I can find are help topics that don't allow me to interact with specifics.

I've been an eBorg victum before.  This will not end well.

Message 151 of 198
latest reply

nicki9912
Community Member

gsrhobbiescanada, you should have opened a new thread so that you could generate more answers to your problem. My suggestion is to click on Customer Support on the top right hand side of this page, click on the 1st one, I don't know why there are Two customer support tabs, then follow through  by ignoring every topic on the left, and clicking on yet another contact us to the right.. keep going and you will eventually get the contact number

Photobucket
Message 152 of 198
latest reply

nicki9912
Community Member

Oh, and while this thread has been bumped up , Kalvin can you please get the opening threads to STOP Duplicating themselves?

It's been weeks and weeks since the new board changes and it's absolutely RIDICULOUS how the Opening posts are Doubled

Photobucket
Message 153 of 198
latest reply

Hi Nicki, I'm not sure if you saw the reply Kalvin made about this issue a few days ago. It's HERE (post 10) 🙂

Message 154 of 198
latest reply

repost:

My hobby for the past year has been reporting this issue every few months to CSR's and ebay support. Nothing every happens.

Paypal shipping automatically sends notices to customers that they can track their USA Air Small Packet shipment online. However there is no tracking with this service. Customers therefore get confused!!!!

Example:

You successfully created a shipping label using PayPal Shipping with Canada Post®. Your shipment details are below.
You can track the package online at:https://em.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do?trackingCode=PIN&action=query&language=en&trackingId=999999...

Please note: Tracking information is updated throughout the day. The information is usually availa...

Which results in emails like this:

Dear terminalcity,

Hi, how are you?
I need to find out if you already shipped this item. The Canadian Postal Service says that the information was received, but it doesn't say that the item was sent.

As all sellers know, there is no tracking on small packets.

I have asked numerous people at eBay Paypal to try to fix it, but nothing ever happens.

Message 155 of 198
latest reply

Here is a major bug for you!  I have over 1300 listings and only 16 are showing up on eBay.  Do the search:

Dior Earrings (I have 246 listed) 1 showing

Dior Necklace (I have 227 listed) 8 showing

Dior Pin (I have 104 listed) 5 showing

Etc. etc.etc.

I know it shows up under my user name, but I need it to show up by item name when a potential purchaser is looking because they will not look under my user name but will look for the item (e.g.: Dior Pin, Dior necklace, etc)

I spent hours and hours talking to four different reps at eBay and got nowhere.  They were all very helpful in trying to offer the first explanation that came to their head but none of them actually acknowledged understanding the problem or directed me to the right parties who could maybe fix the problem.

Twice when I called, I was told that my account could not be verified and was hung up on.

I have been registered for the past 7 years, my account is in good standing, I have been a Power Seller almost all the time and recently became a Top Seller, so why was my account not verifiable?

I couldn't even log in here to voice my concern because most of the time I can't log in.  It just won't connect.

Message 156 of 198
latest reply

Sorry, in my frustration I forgot to say my listings are not showing up on  eBay.com

(eBay.ca is okay)

Message 157 of 198
latest reply

As suggested in the other thread, I suggest you bulk revise your listings without making any changes.

The revising function forces eBay.com to immediately re-index your listings.  This less than perfect solution has worked for me and others with listings appearing in search on eBay.com within a few minutes.

Message 158 of 198
latest reply

New board glitch..

Members with less than 10 feedback points are no longer blocked from making more than 10 posts a day.

Said members can also respond in the answer centre. 😮

Message 159 of 198
latest reply