ebay is now charging 10 precent selling fee's Canadian dollar only?

I am not using ebay any more… fee's are way high. Near imposable to actually contact ebay.  Fees are auto withdraw ? Now not able to sell in USA funds??  AND…. Ebay charges FEES on shipping costs?? **bleep**, what company has ever charged or paid commissions on shipping costs??

It has become too expensive to use ebay as a seller, as a buyer, you now have to pay too much for iten with fees… then shipping with fees? Fees on shipping?  Now only canada dollar….not usa?

Im done with ebay they are now way too fat

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello 'wpgman', 

<< I am not using ebay any more… fee's are way high. >>

If you have tried to sell on other venues you will find that ebay's fees are quite reasonable compared on just about anywhere else.  More importantly, even with the fees you have to pay, ebay has more viewers (potential buyers) than other sites.  

The fees aren't really huge, -- usually about 10% of your total intake.  Sellers everywhere pass these costs on to the buyer. 

<<Near imposable to actually contact ebay.>>

You need to use the Help & Contact link at the top of the page.  It takes a bit of time to get through to a real human, but it is not impossible.  Have you had better success anywhere else?  

<< Fees are auto withdraw ? >>

I suppose ebay found that the 'honour system' didn't really work. Smiley Wink  

<<Now not able to sell in USA funds??  >>

Well, yes and no.  You can still sell in US funds, it's just that you need to list on the American ebay site to do it.  

<<Ebay charges FEES on shipping costs?? >>

The reason this was set up is because too many sellers would list a gorgeous item at 99 cents, but then charge $50 for shipping.  Ebay then made fees on less than a buck.

As such, sellers everywhere now pass these fees on to the buyer. 

<< It has become too expensive to use ebay as a seller, as a buyer, >>

It is not the best place on earth for bargains, but it is the best place on earth to get great items delivered to your door.  It is the only place you can sell enough items to make it worth the time that goes into creating listings.  And for the world's millions who do not live close to a shopping mall or are not able to easily get to one, having a huge world market at their fingertips (with home delivery) is a perfect dream.  

If you are simply in a fume about ebay then no one will be able to change your mind.  But if you have tried other places I think you will find that compared to everywhere else, ebay is still the best "Buy & Sell" spot online.  

<<they are now way too fat >>

Hmmm, well, I can't argue with that. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

<<Ebay charges FEES on shipping costs?? >>

The reason this was set up is because too many sellers would list a gorgeous item at 99 cents, but then charge $50 for shipping.  Ebay then made fees on less than a buck.

While this is true, it should also be noted that AZ has done this since their beginning.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply