hi-I would like a deal on selling-just missed one-I am selling all my art and collectalbes- thanks

please get back to me-I have been sent all over the place -this is a bad set up-thanks going to sell everything

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

hi-I would like a deal on selling-just missed one-I am selling all my art and collectalbes- thanks

Well, you have an account with some buying feedback. That's a good start.

You have 50 free listings every month.

Think about how much you want to get for each item you list.

Photgraph each item. You can use up to 12 photos free. (Scan flat things like books, stamps, coins. You'll be giving the customer better images that way.) Leave them on your desktop.

Think about what you have to say and write each description in a Text/Word document. Keep that on your desktop too.

Now you are ready to list.

The Sell tab gives you the Sell Your Item form.

The first page will guide you to the right category.

Take your time. The form is not difficult but it takes a while the first few times. It will also save some information which is useful.

Each time you see a blue options link, open it and read it.

Here are a few pointers.

TITLE

You have 80 free keystrokes and this is where you attract buyers.

Use both capital and small letters. It's easier to read.

Don't use words that are not Searched like WOW or Rare.

Do use colours , sizes and age.

If you use 'vintage' it should be as 'vintage 1975' or 'vintage 1890s'. Don't use vintage for reproductions.

PRICE

Don't open auctions at 99cents as eBay suggests. Open at a price that you will be comfortable with. Remember you will probably only get one bidder (that's normal these days) and no matter how high she bids, she wins at the opening price unless there is another bidder. Assume there won't be.

Price in American dollars.

SHIPPING

Shipping by mail is the cheapest and most efficient. Canada Post is more expensive than USPS. Accept that as most other Canadian sellers have.

Plan to use Paypal shipping. This gives you 5% to 18% off PO counter prices when you print out labels.

Can you use Free Shipping? This really means including the cost of shipping in the asking price. Buyers love this, but it may be impractical for bulky items which attract Regional/National rates domestically.

It it can travel LetterPost/LightPacket use Free Shipping.

Start by shipping only to Canada and the USA.

Plan to ship within 48 hours and preferably within 24 hours.

Use metric measures. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other system will lead to errors. Rates can change within a centimetre or a gram and that change can double the cost of shipping. Use a digital scale for weighing.

REFUNDS and RETURNS

If you take Paypal you offer returns and refunds. Don't try to say otherwise. Good customers will backbutton and the scammers won't care.

There are fewer of the latter than you might think from the Boards, where members come with problems.

Do you have any specific questions?

Message 2 of 2
latest reply