listing on more than one ebay site - i want to list on ebay.com but ship from canada. i try to do free shipping.

i think it would be better for me to be on ebay.com but then it won;t give me the shipping details as i ship from canada but quite often take my box to the u s for cheaper shipping. any advice

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: listing on more than one ebay site - i want to list on ebay.com but ship from canada. i try to do free shipping.

Hi 
"Don't know what Auctiva's set up is but"  
"you need to set up your PROFILE using eBay Canada (for shipping reasons) but somewhere in Auctiva look for other sites you can connect to and click on this. Again don't know the set up but eBay Canada allows you to connect to eBay.com which is US. Your listings should  then automatically should show US currency too. but check to be sure.  New listings allow you to make sure in the proper currency preferred.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: listing on more than one ebay site - i want to list on ebay.com but ship from canada. i try to do free shipping.

Hi 
"Don't know what Auctiva's set up is but"  
"you need to set up your PROFILE using eBay Canada (for shipping reasons) but somewhere in Auctiva look for other sites you can connect to and click on this. Again don't know the set up but eBay Canada allows you to connect to eBay.com which is US. Your listings should  then automatically should show US currency too. but check to be sure.  New listings allow you to make sure in the proper currency preferred.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You don't need to list on .com

So long as you specify the United States as a ship to destination and service and rate your items will show up on .com

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you sell from dotCOM , you will need to use Flat Rate shipping. While this is not a problem for USA and worldwide, items over 500 grams and 2 cm headed for Canada can have widely fluctuating postage costs.

I can send a thick paperback within ON &QC for about $5, but the same book to AB would cost about $12.

Also, be careful about carrying goods across the border for cheap shipping. There are limits on this. You may need one of those special border passes (Nexus?)for commercial or frequent crossers. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply