my ebay account is kenlar16--all of my purchased items are PAID-- why am I restricted from bidding ?

kenlar16
Community Member

my ebay account is kenlar16- all of my purchased items are PAID--Why am I restricted from bidding ?

--THANKS.---

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

my ebay account is kenlar16--all of my purchased items are PAID-- why am I restricted from bidding ?

There are several reasons aside from unpaid item strikes that may prevent you from bidding on something. What does your error say? Have you tried to contact the seller about it? 

Other reasons may be: (a) your location, or your use of a postal box in your address (b) lack of a paypal account (c) manually block or (d) too much activity with a single seller. Without knowing what your specific message reads, we can only speculate.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It also maybe your Feedback number (2). Some sellers may block bidders with less than (5) Feedback.

Read the description the seller has written, you may have to contact the seller first before you are allowed to bid. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Actually... it might be that Sellers will remove bids from Buyers with less then (5) feedback if they don't contact the Seller first.

Sorry for the confusion...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This  is  a member to member Board and no eBay employees come here.

There have been several recent complaints in the past week or so about restrictions on new members. It may just be a glitch.

--all of my purchased items are PAID--

All buyers have 100% positive feedback.

Some sellers restrict all buyers from multiple purchases-- this is usually a safeguard against thrill bidders.

You may be bidding with sellers who do not ship to Canada.

You can ask eBay staffers about your problem (and get more sensible answers than you would from Customer Support) at the next Wednesday Write In Board.

In the meantime, post the eBay number of any items where your bids were refused, that may give us busybodies posters some clues.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply