where to find my research list

where do I find my research list?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Do you mean 'watch' list or 'wish' list? I'm not familiar wit the term 'research list'. Did you start a Collection? The latter can only be viewed on a desktop. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Hi - When i look at a SOLD item (for research) NEXT TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR ITEM there is a drop down arrow, if I click it , it offers ADD TO RESEARCH. 

I have been doing that for a long time, so SOMEWHERE I assume there is a list of these ADD TO RESEARCH  items! LOL

STILL I can't figure out where that list is to look at. 

HELP - I feel stupid - and I have been on  Ebay for many many years - so IMAGINE how a NEWBIE feels?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Can you screenshot this? I've not ever seen what you're referring to but I'd like to be able to help.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Under lists, hover on "Your Lists" and the research list should show up on the right.

You can also find the items in that list if you click on All Lists.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

On the item page, click to the arrow next to "add to watch list" and a menu will come up to add the item to your Research list or other lists.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I see nothing of the sort there. Only add to Watch and Wish list. Is this a feature exclusive to eBay.com?
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
I see nothing of the sort there. Only add to Watch and Wish list. Is this a feature exclusive to eBay.com?

On eBay.Ca what I see:

It depends on what which My eBay page you view it on -- for some reason it moves around.

My eBay: Purchase history

Research is on a dropdown menu from "Your Lists" in the Lists section

My eBay: All Selling

Research is on a dropdown menu from "Watch List & Other Lists" in the Lists section

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

No, I see it on .ca on your listings.

researchlist

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

That's just it: I see no evidence of a 'research' list anywhere. Here is what I do see while logged into ebay.ca as I always do. Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.09.40 PM.png

And on my Landing page it's this:

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.10.04 PM.png

So where does the discrepancy stem from? Is it an ebay.ca versus ebay.com thing? pj, were you logged into ebay.ca when you were able to view this? 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I was on .ca  What happens if you click on 'add to new list'?

Perhaps it's a MAC vs PC thing?

I just checked and I see it on my ipad using Safari.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Tried that. I guess I could create my own Research List but it still doesn't explain why some people have immediate access and others do not. Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 7.30.49 PM.png

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

That's just it: I see no evidence of a 'research' list anywhere. Here is what I do see while logged into ebay.ca as I always do. Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.09.40 PM.png

And on my Landing page it's this:

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.10.04 PM.png

For your Landing Page -- what do you see if you move from "All Lists" down to "Your Lists" -- that's where I found Research --  a pop up menu should show when you are on the "Your Lists" line.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 7.54.23 PM.png

Only this? It is not odd? 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Are you all seeing Research lists because you custom-created them? Or was it a presupposed option? I found this form ebay.com

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-My-Account/Organize-My-eBay-with-Lists/m-p/19421037

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

For your Landing Page -- what do you see if you move from "All Lists" down to "Your Lists" -- that's where I found Research --  a pop up menu should show when you are on the "Your Lists" line.

Did you already have something added to your research list or did you see it on your landing page even when there were no items on it?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I didn't custom create it and haven't ever created a list. When I  clicked on the watch arrow to see what the OP was referring to, research was one of the choices. 

It obviously isn't consistent. I signed into my buyer id on IE and I didn't even see an arrow next to the watch link on listings. I could either click on watch or collections..that's it.

But..when I signed in using my husband's id, I could see the research option just like I can on this id.

Bizarre.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Did you already have something added to your research list or did you see it on your landing page even when there were no items on it?

My "Research" is empty. I've never set it up or used it.

Current browser is an older version of Firefox.

-,,-

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I can't do it (find a Research list or way to add items to one) with my other account either. This makes little to no sense. 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply