Global Shipping Program Lost My Package

Well, I should say, I THINK they lost my package. Last update was November 21 when it got to the distribution center in LA and then nothing. I've ordered things after this and they have arrived in Canada and delivered already while this package sits in nowhereland. Called eBay "customer service" and, well, they were less than helpful. Basically told me that it's "normal" for a package to sit there that long. Is there any customer service or contact info for issues with the Global Shipping Program or who actually knows what's going on? I would have thought that GSP would have been more secure than just regular mail but that was stupid for me to think that way it seems now.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The normal trip for a GSP shipment is seller-> GSP/Erlanger KY-> Canadian border->Canada (Post)-> buyer.

EBay gives you a last estimated date for delivery.

Has that passed?

If it has go to the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre.

Trying to talk to a humanbeing will slow this down.

In the Dispute state that the shipment was sent using the GSP.

• If the seller did in fact use GSP, she is not responsible for delivery after your purchase reaches Erlanger and the GSP plant.

At the plant the tracking number changes to on assigned by GSP. This starts with UPAAxxxxxxxxxx.

Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery .

Now.

LA bothers me since normally after Erlanger we see either Mississauga or Richmond/Vancouver as the next stop. These are major Canada Post terminals.

Did your seller actually ship to the GSP?

Canada Post has been having labour disruptions and as part of coping management asked other countries to Hold mail for Canada until further notice. That Hold has been lifted.

Sometimes GSP uses couriers rather than Canada Post. CanPar and FedEx have been noted   in posts.

I would have thought that GSP would have been more secure than just regular mail

For most of its journey GSP uses the regular mail, first USPS to Erlanger then Canada Post from the border to your doorstep.

The Global Shipping Program is a freight forwarding service which was introduced as a Seller Protection.

It offers nothing to buyers

The reason I keep highlighting Erlanger is that if the shipment never got there, the seller for whatever reason did not use it

What date did your purchase get to and leave Erlanger?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you have questions about a shipment, call Pitney Bowes directly at 1-866-235-9627 Option 1 then option 2. They will ask for your GSP tracking number that begins with UPAA.

Hopefully that will help you locate the package.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply