Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

I purchased an item and it was shipped with PBI?  Tracking says delivery attempt and note left, the next day it states item was delivered???  I didn't get a note or the shipment??  Not sure where it was delivered but I am the only one with this address!  Very frustrated and not sure how to contact ebay to ask.  I get prompted responses only.

Message 1681 of 3,104
latest reply

Did this just happen in the last day or two? If so, I would wait another day as sometimes parcels are scanned as delivered when they are actually waiting to be picked up at the postal outlet or still in the drivers truck.

Who was delivering the parcel...Canada Post or Can Par?

Message 1682 of 3,104
latest reply

It was listed as ask for shipping quote, I won two items totally approx.$25.00 but when I go to pay it comes up as global shipping to the total of over $37.00 + over 11.00 or 12.00 duty! This is insane!!
Even the seller agrees, I do not even have the option to Request a total so that the seller can opt out of the GPS
What can we do? I want to honour my purchase but really an extra amount of over $ $48.?? ++ dollars on a purchase of two pairs of used jeans that I paid a total of $25.00 for!!!
This is insane!!
Please help
Thank you
Message 1683 of 3,104
latest reply

As a buyer i will not use a seller who is using the GSP .. Couple of reasons .. Their shipping is extremely expensive, they charge us for customs/duty but in canada we dont pay customs/duty for used or vintage yet GSP charges us everytime, and i bought an item from a seller, she was using GSP .. I paid and while she was packing she noticed it was damaged so we cancelled the transaction. She refunded me her portion but after 5 weeks i am still waiting for my GSP refund which is about $45 .. I have called ebay every week, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week hoping by being annoying someone will help. Have been waiting for five weeks and even they cant seem to do anything about it. Please sellers .. GSP is a rip off for Canadians. Ebay, why aren't you taking some responsibility for this screw up, your American sellers are complaining about lost sales and this is one of the big reasons. In canada we dont mind paying a little higher for an item because we cant find it in Canada. As an example, bought that broken item for $10 and GSP charged $39.99 shipping plus duty. Come on .. It makes no sense and it is just a scam. Will be buying locally.
Message 1684 of 3,104
latest reply

This is b.s. Period. The taxes were paid on the originally manufactured item - used items should be exempt; particularly in consideration of the agreements for sellable items as between the US and CDA. Cash grab period. Will NOT be buying anything form the US with this charge.
Message 1685 of 3,104
latest reply

Re: the above - heading back to amazon.ca.
Message 1686 of 3,104
latest reply

If the seller is willing to send the items to you directly rather than through the gsp they can send you an invoice by going to paypal and clicking on create invoice. They have to enter the ebay item numbers so that it is connected to that transaction. Once you pay, they will have to manually mark the items as paid.

Before doing that though the seller should check to see what those items would cost if sent to you directly so that there are not any surprises.

Message 1687 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi .. I accidentally put my questions in two times .. How do i delete one of them? Thanks
Message 1688 of 3,104
latest reply

Complete scam. I put in an offer for an item listed at $19.99 with $26 shipping and $5 or so duty, my offer was $12.50 and showed shipping $15.52 and $0 duty the offer was accepted. I have screen shots where it first showed up under my Purchases where it shows up as shipping $15.52 and there is no tax of course as under $20. I go to check out and the total now comes as $30.15 i'm like **bleep**? I go back to my ebay and have screenshots where it specifically says priority international shipping "free"
What BS i contact the buyer and she refuses to do anything, i contact ebay, after 20 mins on hold, they say oh we cant do anything the $30 shipping is right because its gsp. What happened to this is a binding contract?

What can i do? Pay the shipping and leave negative feedback?
Message 1689 of 3,104
latest reply

Your question has been answered in full details a few days ago and you stated at the time that you understood what had happened.

Why raised the question again?

The seller is not at fault.

The problem is simply that the "import charge" which included the service charge to Pitney Bowes is no longer charged to you but was incorporated with the shipping charge instead.

The seller does not get a penny more,

Pitney Bowes does not get a penny more,

you saved whatever difference there was between the original price and the lower agreed upon price

and also saved whatever amount of taxes (GST/HST) was included in the "import charges" previously shown in the listing.

We all know listings from the USA coming through GSP are not suitable to Canadian buyers in most instances.

It is time to move on.

Message 1690 of 3,104
latest reply

For readers wondering what happened it is pretty simple.

The original asking price was over Cdn$20

The lower negotiated price (through Make an Offer) was below Cdn$ 20

So "import charges" went away but the $4/$5 Pitney Bowes handling fee was shifted from the "import charges" to the "shipping charge" as has been the practice for the last two years for listings priced under Cdn$ 20.

Message 1691 of 3,104
latest reply

post 3856 on this thread is where you find the original answer to your question

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Comments-about-the-Global-Shipping-Program/m-p/270533#M202...

Next post #3857 is where you stated you understood the gist of it.

"Yes, i understand the gist of it ...."

Message 1692 of 3,104
latest reply

It was not answered. Like i said i have screenshots where it shows the total costs and they do not say $30. This is NOT the price i agreed to on best offer, you cant just go changing the price after the fact. Like i said before this is not the first time i have bought an item using the gsp and they all clearly showed the correct amounts. Its a scam you cant change amounts after the fact. One screen shot clearly states priority international shipping $15.52 there is no tax on $12.99 so how van they mysteriously add $15?
I said i get the gist of how the gsp is supposed to work, this isnt it.
I also have a screen shot that clearly states priority international shipping free so now its $30 handling fee?
Message 1693 of 3,104
latest reply

Like i said that was not in the offer i accepted you cant change the offer after i accepted it.
Message 1694 of 3,104
latest reply

Once again, the seller did NOT change the offer. 

That is done by the GSP system moving the Pitney Bowes fee from "import charge" to "shipping charge".

English is a second language to me and I am sorry I cannot find the words to make you understand what has happened here.

Message 1695 of 3,104
latest reply

I understand its not the sellers fault but what im saying is they can't change a charge after the fact. I accepted and offer that clearly stated shipping was $15 and no customs fees for a total of $15 my Ebay clearly states the total is $15 they can't just make it $30 when i check out. This is not the first item i have bought and the fees are always clearly stated and not changed.
Its a simple contract that states my total charge is $15 NOT $30
They cant randomly add a $15 handling fee after i have accepted an offer.
Message 1696 of 3,104
latest reply

I don't know if this is what was stated in your listing, but many of the items I've seen have "US $0.00 (amount confirmed at checkout)"  beside the import charges. I absolutely do not want those charges confirmed at checkout - I want them spelled right out for me in the listing. I understand that the final winning bid amount will affect the total, but many listings have "US $xx.xx (estimated and based on current bid)" instead, which is much more direct, and IMO much more honest. 

Message 1697 of 3,104
latest reply

No, it actually spells out free shipping in the completed purchases section in "my ebay" when i accepted the offer it stated $15 est based on current bid.
Message 1698 of 3,104
latest reply

Respiraterry, I really do sympathize with you on this one.

Isn't is crazy that Pitney Bowes can get away with this sort of nonsense, and yet  sellers on this site are held to such high standards  to ensure the "after sales experience" (excuse me while I wretch) .... won't drive buyers away from this site.

You have to shake your head. Is it a bad dream?

Pitney Bowes can just change charges ad hoc, confiscate items and not send them etc etc, and yet they face  absolutely no accountability to buyers whatsoever.

My advice is steer clear of any GSP listings unless you really really really want the item and can't find it elsewhere on the whole planet.

Eventually, you might need to simply take your business to another site altogether because even as I type these words,  the GSP is metastasizing.

Message 1699 of 3,104
latest reply

That doesn't sound right as the import fees are typically less than $5 and you should be a able to see those once you click into the listing.  I haven't heard of them adding on $15 to shipping before although I'm sure that mistakes do happen. If you want to show what you are referring to, you can post screen shots on this board but delete any personal info first.

Message 1700 of 3,104
latest reply