Same Lens For Sale By Same Seller?

I was about to bid on an item,a lens,over eBay.I saw that a seller has that item for sale,but only in bidding format.Lens specifications and photos have been described and uploaded.At first look,everything is OK for bidding,but...I saw in seller's feedback,as a seller, the same descriptions with the same photos of the very same lens that had been demonstrated with the same starting bidding a month ago.

Assuming that every used lens should have its own photos that includes its flaws,such as haze,fungus,scratch,smear,etc;I asked seller ,that has yellow star hologram with 100% positive feedback ,to answer my questions regarding my concerns before bidding.He replied back without answering my questions directly,but he almost mentioned that those who ask these kind of questions,are not true buyers and only wanted to get discount or benefits after receiving the item.He said his feedback history is sufficient not to answer those iffy questions!That seller eBay's web pages are still up,one in that the lens has been sold month ago,and the current page that includes same item for sale.

The question now is that how a buyer can be sure that whether or not the same item(lens) has been sold once,but probably with untold defect/s has been returned back by the first unsatisfied buyer and uploaded by the seller once again?

I was about to report this finding to eBay,but there is no chat/email section to send seller's item web-pages,as I am not that phone conversation type person,waiting in long queue.I assume because of privacy,I cannot put links/names here.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Same Lens For Sale By Same Seller?

Look again at feedback.

Is there a long gap between the recent feedback and previous? Like a year or more? That's a sign (but not proof) of a hijacked account.

Is the item being sold different from items that have been sold in the past? An expensive camera lens, when the previous sales were of used baby clothes, for example.

mentioned that those who ask these kind of questions,are not true buyers and only wanted to get discount or benefits after receiving

He's not wrong.

Ask questions, but many sellers will look at your own FB left  and also consider the tone of your question, before adding such members to their Blocked Buyer List.

Because life is too short and the seller is hoping to make a profit not a loss.

with untold defect/s has been returned back by the first unsatisfied buyer and uploaded by the seller once again?

Because the buyer may have been wrong, or come down with Buyer Remorse, realizing he can't afford it after all.

Was the previous buyer's FB on the item positive?

In any case, the seller sounds combative and I doubt you will have a good experience with him.

Keep searching.

There are better sellers out there.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply