Should I Sue eBay?

Background:In October-2013, I purchased an item (new watch) that was fake (confirmed by the manufacturer).  I opened eBay/PayPal dispute.  PayPal decided in my favour and instructed me to return the watch for full refund.  I did.  Seller refunded the money less shipping costs (and immediately re-listed this same watch with the same description).  I left negative feedback about the transaction.  eBay removed my feedback next morning.  I phoned to inquire and was explained that it's been removed by mistake – a computer error, whatever that means.  As compensation, eBay offered a $50 coupon to be used for future purchases.

Follow-Up: I tried using a coupon recently and it does not show up anywhere.  I phoned eBay and after being on hold for 45 minutes was told by a rep that this "transaction must be reviewed by a supervisor, who would have to call me back".  Nobody called or left a message in two days.  I phoned back.  Nothing, same conversation after half on hour on hold and same reply.  Again, nobody called.  I posted my complaint on eBay Facebook page.  Someone named Brady from Customer Service Team encouraged me to contact him directly.  I did.  No further reply or action.  I posted on Facebook again, they started deleting my posts.  I phoned one more time on Saturday and, after being on hold for almost one hour was given the same reply as I had before: "Supervisor is busy, he/she will have to call you back".

I have no more patience for this blatant arrogance and would like to issue a Statement of Claim.  This is not about $50, but about absolute contempt for the customer.  Has anyone here sued eBay or heard of a customer suing eBay outside of US?  I am in Canada and I read of Canadian Court clearing way for eBay being sued  by consumers locally where it does business under Consumer Protection Act.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Should I Sue eBay?

As previous posters have mentioned, it's best to open a new thread so you can be sure to get the most up-to-date information. For example, Rodney is no longer with the company.

Closing the thread and you are free to open a new one if you need to.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply