New International shipping rates US to Canada

I've been a regular eBay buyer (never a seller) for over 20 years. We lived in the US  for over 15 years, and when we moved to Canada several years ago, I was happy to pay what seemed like reasonable charges to have items from US sellers delivered. As of last fall's  implementation of the new eBay "International Shipping" policy, even small, light  clothing items frequently ship with charges as high as $60 and more. I simply refuse to pay that much to have a $25 item shipped as I suspect much of the profit from these transactions is going into eBay's pocket. I have tried negotiating with individual sellers to arrange lower shipping rates, but I find they often refuse or ignore me. I get that--it's a lot of trouble to change shipping arrangements for just a few items. Does anyone know of a route for appealing this change to eBay? Am I alone in finding this change unreasonable? My only recourse here is to stop supporting eBay sellers, and I really don't want to do that...

View Entire Topic

Like you, I have been an eBay "buyer" not seller, for many years. The cost of shipping from the USA to Canada has made buying item from USA sellers unresonable. However, I have had some luck with a few sellers working with me regarding shipping costs. It has been my experience that many "sellers" will not ship to Canada or will stick with the unreasonable shipping fees.

I live in a border city and have a shipping depot, similar to USPS, in the USA that I have parcels delivered to. There is a small charge of $5 per package but most items are free delivery or significanly lower shipping cost to me.