40 Things You Didn't Know You Could Sell on eBay

Most of it is junk you were going to recycle anyway!

https://www.countryliving.com/shopping/antiques/g4437/junk-things-you-can-sell-on-ebay/

...not sure what to think about some of these.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Interesting list for sure! Especially given I have at least half of this stuff (as most of us do), but I don't think I'm brave enough to try some of this stuff! Shipping costs makes it more iffy!

Old catolgues makes me think of the good old Sears Wishbook, circling everything I wanted. I actually have the 1971 Sears Wishbook that would be some decent money to be had! But the child in me still wants to keep it (anything I might circle can be found on here somewhere! It's never too late!)

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Seems like a US article. Most of those could not be sold here because they could not go lettermail and shipping cost would be too high. Shipping would cost more than the items.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Old Sears catalogues do really, really well. Some of the Eatons ones seem to be decent too. There are some remotes that will go lettermail, but most don't. The Bell satellite remotes sell well if they're in good condition, even with shipping.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

One or two of those items would be of great interest to people selling counterfeits-- like the used makeup containers. (Which would be a biggarsaskatchewan to clean, btw.) and the printer ink cartridges.

And some are out of date- there really isn't a market for  used toilet rolls.

I suspect the gift cards that are sold were stolen, or were blanks.  And if they are not mailed, eBay does not extend the MBG to digital items.

But certainly back issues of magazines. And perfume bottles, even before the internet, had a collectibles following, although again, the market would include counterfeiters.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Agree, a large number of these are lower value under $20 and bulky which is the kiss of death for Canada to the US sales.    I do love a good remote control, the article says up to $10 but a lot go for $20 to $100.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply