Wondering if anyone is using Fedex for shipping and how its working out

I have a package to ship to the US and wondering how Fedex is working out for anyone else.  Have not used them yet and just want to make sure there's no surprise.

Price to ship through Canada Post is $43.75 and to ship through Fedex its $24.15. A $20.00 difference. 

We need to measure the box like we usually do and multiply by 2. If I do that shipping comes out to $240.27  Box measures 34 x 31 x 21 and weighs 2.125 kg. If I multiply by 2 its 68 x 61 x 42??? Can someone help me with this. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Wondering if anyone is using Fedex for shipping and how its working out

Are you trying to figure out dimensional weight?  That is done by multiplying the 3 numbers and then dividing the total by 5000.

34x31x21=22134

22134 divided into 5000 = 4.43kg  (5kg)

The price is based on the actual weight or dimensional weight, whichever is greater.

Canada Post automatically figures that out when you print a label. But it looks if ebay shipping does not do that automatically for Fedex so you would enter whichever weight is greater.

If you are looking at the 'learn more' info under the Fedex label it also explains how to figure out the girth but that is not for pricing, that is to make sure that you don't go over the maximum allowed. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply