Signing in to Community

Last night, I was unable to sign into the Community either here or on dotCOM.

The Canada site seems to have corrected itself, although it demanded that I agree to join the Community (?) first.

What was happening?

I haven't tried the dotCOM Board yet.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Signing in to Community

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy @femmefan1946 - I'm in a similar boat and working with the .com team to sort out what's been happening. As near as I can tell there have been two issues: a login issue yesterday and a 'looping' issue today. 

From what I've heard the security team changed something yesterday which started the little 'Grant Application' screen we've all gotten to enjoy today. 

The Canadian boards don't loop me like the .com boards do, which means I can at least show up and comment here, but I think that it may just be a quirk of my id. Most folks I've seen on the .com boards have been able to get on today without issue. 

Thanks! 

It's being worked on currently but I don't have an estimated time of resolution. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Signing in to Community

Hello.

There is a log-in issue live in the community currently (5:33 pm pacific, Sept 17). Members who are logged in may be seeing a pop up asking them to to approve access to files. Members who are logged out can still view community but cannot log in.

Developers from both eBay and Khoros (the community software vendor) are working on this now. We will update when we know it is fixed.

Thank you

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Signing in to Community

Interesting.

The  copypasta posted but not my note.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Signing in to Community

Cut and Paste with eBay as been "moody" as of late. These were the other answers to this.

Good morning.

Here is what we know today. There was a bug last night preventing login, which was resolved at about midnight. Today as of the morning of the 18th, some, maybe most members are seeing an interstitial asking Grant Application Access. This is a real permission setting from eBay, and while annoying is not risky for your personal information or your account. We are checking to see if it can be turned off or is required from a legal perspective. 

gwzcomps wrote:

Now I am wondering what exciting changes are coming

Literally nothing, it was planned backend work. Sorry. I'll try to get something more fun next time the site breaks. :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks!

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community

What do they mean? Next time?
-Lotz
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Signing in to Community

Last night (Thursday) I was unable to get to the community boards on ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk or ebay.com.au. I was still signed in to the ebay.com boards for a while, but it was pretty quiet since apparently no one else could sign in for a while.

Today I was able to get back to the discussion boards on ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk and ebay.com.au, but just now I can no longer sign in to the ebay.com community boards -- if I try to sign in I get the authorization page and that just loops back to the main community page without signing in.

[Just tried again, and I seem to be signed in on ebay.com now.]

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Signing in to Community

Thanks for the update @eburtonlab!

It seems that it was officially corrected late Friday evening for all members, but if you start to see more issues please let me know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply